Most hotly debated techniques?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottD13

Reaction score
Everyone,
I’m working on a paper and want to know what everyone thinks are some of the most hotly debated brewing techniques?

Two that immediately come to mind are:
Secondary Fermentation
Decoction mashing

SS vs plastic vs glass for fermentation. A boring debate based on opinions alone.

This is the internet, ANYTHING becomes a topic for debate. Hell you could make one up and folks with argue incessently about it. And they are all stupid anyway...99% of the time either thing/way works....

Here's one..

Mash tun shape vs fermenter shape.

Discucss!!!

This is the internet, ANYTHING becomes a topic for debate. Hell you could make one up and folks with argue incessently about it. And they are all stupid anyway...99% of the time either thing/way works....

Here's one..

Mash tun shape vs fermenter shape.

Discucss!!!

Should or shouldn't Revvy write a book on beer making...:D

Shaking the vs. aeration stones vs. oxygenation

Placing a thermocouple in ambient vs. a jar of water vs. taped to outside of the fermenter vs. thermowell inside the wort.

Pirates vs. Ninjas... although it has seemed that pirates might have taken this one due to all the wenches and booze they get...

Pirates FTW!!!!!
I for one would rather be a pirate, though I think they would lose in a fight with a ninja. All the ninja has to do is hold some wenches or booze hostage and the pirates will give them anything. Dirty ninjas.....

I for one would rather be a pirate, though I think they would lose in a fight with a ninja. All the ninja has to do is hold some wenches or booze hostage and the pirates will give them anything. Dirty ninjas.....

There's a show on I think the history channel. where they took two different warriors and analyzed their weapons and fighting styles, then ran the simulations through a computer to find out who would win in like 1,000 runnings of the simulations. IIRC in whatever the head to head the ninjas fought, which might have pirates, they came out really bad. They may ecell at assasination, but head to head combat, I think they fell short.

There's a show on I think the history channel. where they took two different warriors and analyzed their weapons and fighting styles, then ran the simulations through a computer to find out who would win in like 1,000 runnings of the simulations. IIRC in whatever the head to head the ninjas fought, which might have pirates, they came out really bad. They may ecell at assasination, but head to head combat, I think they fell short.

I need to see that show but I feel they may have neglected something in the calculation.

The pirate they used was most likely sober/not hungover. :D

Another topic or two.

starsan vs one step vs ioda vs bleach vs blah blah blah

with starsan: to embrace the foam or not

Shaking the vs. aeration stones vs. oxygenation

Placing a thermocouple in ambient vs. a jar of water vs. taped to outside of the fermenter vs. thermowell inside the wort.

Use one of these and you can get more than enough oxygen. I think most people on here own a drill.

Plastic-Mix-Stir-th.jpg

On a side not you can get an awesome whirlpool with this.

How about whether its a good idea or not to ask for help on a paper you are writing on an internet forum?

Really, what are you writing this paper for? Or do you have too much free time?

Everyone,
I’m working on a paper and want to know what everyone thinks are some of the most hotly debated brewing techniques?

Two that immediately come to mind are:
Secondary Fermentation
Decoction mashing

What's hotly debated about decoctions?

What's hotly debated about decoctions?
Doing a decoction mash or simply just using a proportion Munich malt in an infusion mash to get the same affect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back