Question about BYO Mag Briess Recipe cards

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderThePorchBrewing

Reaction score
Have looked at some of the Breiss recipe cards recipes and a few look good. last month had a red cream lager. one of our friends loves Dos Equis Amber and was thinking this would be a quick extract brew for the summer when he his wife and kids come over. has anyone brewed any of these recipes and what were your thoughts? I am assuming Briess would not publish a recipe that was not at least OK.
Ben

You know what.... I just noticed a few months ago that there were recipes on those damn things. I never paid a single bit of attention to them until one fell out on the floor and landed recipe-side up.

I assume that the recipes are reasonable. The one I looked at seemed ok, but naturally the only way to know for sure is to make it.

....................... naturally the only way to know for sure is to make it.

the red cream lager is 5 lb pilsen light DME, 8 oz carapils, 12 oz Caracrystal wheat malt, hallertau at 45, 15 and 1 with WLP940 mexican Lager to give og 1.052 fg 1.013 abv 5 IBU 17. will probably brew this either converted to partial or AG mid May and find out.

For those interested. I bottled this today and the hydrometer sample was excellent. I asked my wife try it and it is only the third beer after 2 yrs of brewing that she said she could drink this thru the summer and it's only the hydrometer sample. has a great light mexican lager taste similar but different to Dos XX's amber. can't wait until its carbed in 3 weeks.

Back