Fitting Needed.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayabusa

Reaction score
I need a stainless steel compression fitting that will allow me to put a racking arm of some sort into the bulkhead fitting (1/2" NPT male)

Any recommended suppliers? I have searched and called numerous places and keep striking out.

MT151.jpg

what size tube? Ebay is by far the cheapest supplier for Swagelok fittings. Enter a search for "swagelok", and page through until you find what you need. You will likely be able to get it for 20.

Or just go here:

Compression Fittings | MoreBeer

I will determine the tube size based on the availability of compression fittings... I would like at least 1/4" ID, larger if available. I don't want to wait all day for the beer to flow but I also don't want to disturb the bottom to much when draining into the keg. Any reason why copper wouldn't work well for a racking tube or are there any oxidation issues with it sitting in the fermenter for 4+ weeks? I don't think it's an issue.

You will likely be fine with copper, but there are some concerns about galvanic corrosion due to the different metals. I would go with a 1/2 dip tube and order a short stick of stainless from McMaster #8989K872.

Here is a comp fitting.

Back