Making whisky

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry08

Reaction score
I couldent find somewhere to post so landed here.

So how is one to duplicate a whiskey like Dimple for instance (My favourite)

I believe it is possible to ferment sugar with a high alcohol tolerant yeast and after stilling the ferment adding a suitable flavouring.

Also I have been reading of a membrane still process. Has anyone anything to offer in regard to info?.

Whiskey has a huge position in the scheme of things. For without a small dram there is no need for a chaser. Now we all know that a good homebrew makes the ideal chaser.

I guess as Whiskey is actually distilled beer without hops I am after comments on procedures.

There must be a few drunken bums out there like me who likes alternative poison

Come on cough up--- Contacts Links Recipe's etc.

Also anyone who has a still for me let me know I will supply an address. It will not cost you much I live just outside Sydney not in the outback. Think of me as your new Aussie mate. It could also be a way of ridding the world of another Aussie B-@~^#D. Maybe I blow myself up with it who knows.

So if you want to adopt a pensioner I am available. I will send a photo and write often provided you supply stamps.

Anyway excuse the humor, did I say I make bloody good beer, blame it on that. Actually I will blame it on you guy's as your methods that I have adopted (There is that name again) have improved my efforts out of site.

One thing for the first time in my life the other morning I woke up and my first thought was the delectable taste of a Lager I had the previous night.

Shows I am getting old it used to be on how I was going to get my wife in a favourable mood that everning. Ahhh! how ones priorities change.

Terry

Dear God. Toj. we so think alike. was your daddy a travelling man?
Not talking in the masonic sense mind you. :)

Before this gets ugly, I just want to point out that he is in Australlia and I dont know but distilling may be legal there. If it is legal and its not some kid just trying to get drunk I dont see what would be wrong about it.

Hi! I like your enthusiasm for beer and whiskey (which I share). Unfortunately it is illegal in the US to distill and since this is a US forum this thread will probably be locked. Please do look into the other sites on how to distill though, I hear it is a fun process. Don't let the locking of this thread get you mad, they are covering their legal butts.

-Dave

Still not locked!!!! WOOHOO!!! To bad it's illegal here. man i could piss SWMBO off drinkin whiskey all the time!

and yes. i am an aspiring post whore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back