Syracuse, ny - round 8 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone need any rice hulls? Ha!

Thanks again guys. This has to be of the best organized bulk buys in the country!!!

Thanks kzhusker and bellini - appreciate the tip!

Great buy everyone, I think it is all wrapped up for this one and we are moving like a well oiled machine. only took 8 buys :D

:mug:

Big thanks to everyone who participated and helped with this round. By far the easiest and smoothest buy yet. I think we are starting to get the hang of this, now if I could only restrain myself and not buy 600lbs of malt every time...

Big thanks to everyone who participated and helped with this round. By far the easiest and smoothest buy yet. I think we are starting to get the hang of this, now if I could only restrain myself and not buy 600lbs of malt every time...

You and me both. I have the grain at home, "where am I going to put all this ____?" I still have 8 unopened sacks from buy #7, and bunches of specialty stuff from prior buys.

So, when's the spreadsheet going up for the next buy? :cross:

A big thanks to JeffB and Cidah for making this buy happen. Went pretty good my end but I bet Jeff and Cidah had their hands full.:D

All grain has been picked up! See everyone again in the Spring for the next round of the buy. Most likely will be around March/April.

Sounding like we will be running it in a similar fashion where did this round, where we will post the buy sheet about a month before the pickup date. So make your "want to buy" list in the meantime and then look for the sheet to open sometime in early March. If you have participated in previous buys and we have your email, we will give you guys an email heads up when the sheet will be opening up.

Anyone use the Aramis hops yet? If so in what?

I'm doing an Earl Grey Pale Ale this weekend. I have no idea how it's going to turn out. Using CM 2Row, honey malt, earl grey in the mash, and only Aramis hops.

Hey Guys/Gals,

I don't live in Seattle anymore! Just relocated to Liverpool. Anyone want to get together for a couple of cold ones, ok maybe cellar temp, and talk brewing?

Paul

All grain has been picked up! See everyone again in the Spring for the next round of the buy. Most likely will be around March/April.

Sounding like we will be running it in a similar fashion where did this round, where we will post the buy sheet about a month before the pickup date. So make your "want to buy" list in the meantime and then look for the sheet to open sometime in early March. If you have participated in previous buys and we have your email, we will give you guys an email heads up when the sheet will be opening up.

Can you send me a email for the next one. I did participate in the second or third buy I forget which one. My email is [email protected].

Oh boy. Just tapped my last bag of CM 2 Row out of 3. Out of my Cascade and Columbus.

I still have an unopened bag of Pilsner and MO left, fortunately. Brewing an English Mild this weekend.

Thinking next round I'll up to 5 bags of 2 Row.

So...when's the next one? Looks like some guys already need more! :)

I'm available to make the trip and pick up for those in Rochester within reason, my Edge will only hold so much:mug:
I drive an F-150, so if there's a lot of people in Rochester who participate, I can haul a lot. Plus I'm always looking to meet other brewers in the area!

The next buy will not be until after the holidays

So...when's the next one? Looks like some guys already need more! :)

I drive an F-150, so if there's a lot of people in Rochester who participate, I can haul a lot. Plus I'm always looking to meet other brewers in the area!

Hey fellas, hope everyone had a great holiday! Any ideas when round 9 will be starting up?

There's a form up a little ways you can put your email in for the next round. I think I heard February for the next round.

Mjap52 is correct. It looks like pending on our schedules we will be looking for something in late Feb or early March. Two of the coordinators travel for work so it is proving to be a bit of a hindrance with our schedules.

We will keep you informed as things solidify.

Looking at the hop list in the catalog and it looks like most popular types are unavailable... even cascades. It says available late January. Will the hop list be updated? Are you guys typically getting hops in your orders or is this mostly a grain buy? Thanks.

We mostly do grain. We do hops if we can get em but yeah looks like alot are gone already. The next grain buy is up in the air too. Getting pushed out a few months at-least.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I will definitely be grabbing some grain in the next round.

Pushed out how long? Still looking at late February or early March? Or later than that?

Thanks ...

Hey, any updates on when the next round will be taking place? I'm wondering if I should wait it out for another buy or place an order online...

Back