Frigidaire 5.1 cuft keezer ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregkeller

Reaction score
I've tried searching, and can't find anyone who has posted about this. but i've got a nice little nook in my kitchen that would fit this freezer perfect. I'm wondering if anyone has used this freezer in their keezer build? I know it's pretty small, but if i want this thing anywhere but my unfinished basement, it's got to be this size. I'm wondering if i can fit three cornies in it? Anyone out there have this and be willing to give me inside measurements as well as where the hump is? all the way across, just 1/4 of the inside, etc? Thanks in advance.

I would look here. Ed created quite the thread for sizing your keezer and a lot of people also contributed. I don't know if it has your freezer, but it has similar. Hope this helps!

I am in the process of building a keezer from a 5.5 cubic foot magic chef. I wanted to fit at least three kegs, to do so I had to build an 8 inch tall collar. now two kegs fit on the floor, two on the hump and enough room left on the floor for a 5 gal co2 tank. the only drawback is that it is tall, I think 41 inches off the floor without the bar top on.

image-2170978498.jpg

image-2323867187.jpg

got any pics? do you have ball lock or pin lock? Would you be able to fit four cornies with a collar and the CO2 tank outside?

Sorry, I dont have any pics right now.

I have ball lock cornies. I only have 2 right now but I tried different layouts with them. Only 1 will sit completely on the hump but it looks like you may be able to get a 4th in there that is half on/half off the hump with 2 on the floor.

How's your build going? I just bought the same freezer from best buy and plan on starting my keezer build next week. Any tips would be great.

I don't have specifics for the Frigidaire one, but the lowers holiday one of the same size will fit pin locks with a collar.

I measured it out the other day- 2 fit on the floor, and one fits perched on the ledge. (Kind of cramped though.)

What are the dimensions of the lower part of your fridgidaire? Mine is exactly 16.5" by 10" or 11". Keg Cowboy here in Houston says their cornies are 8 1/4" in diameter. I'm guessing you have similar if not identical dimensions on your frigidaire..

I've been following along on the thread and am ready to build a keezer as well. I just bought a new Kenmore 5.1 cu ft from Sears for $169. I'm using the Johnson Controls analog thermostat override ($69 from my local brew shop) and am already cold crashing a 5gal blonde at 40F. (This thermostat override unit is very accurate and installs in 30secs as the freezer plug simply plugs into the back of the Johnson Controls plug - see pic)

If you're like me, you brew about once a month and don't store more than about 10gals at a time, so I plan to use my Keezer for both a fermentation chamber and a keggerator. I've attached some photos, but the combinations for this 5.1cu ft unit are:

1. a 5gal carboy and two 3gal kegs
2. a 7gal fermenting pail and one 3gal keg
3. a 5gal keg and two 3gal kegs

Using the 3gal kegs will allow me the option of adding a low (2-3") collar - from what I've read, don't go with the tower mounted on the top as your lines won't be chilled and you'll end up with foam, PLUS, the top sheet metal of most new freezers is thin (cheap) and won't bear the weight of the tower unit.

I'm going to explore drilling into the front side of this freezer - I'm aware that there are cooling lines, but I believe I can easily remove the insulation and determine how to make a clean drill. Has anyone tried drilling into the side?
keezer2.jpg

keezer1.jpg

johnson.jpg

I'm going to explore drilling into the front side of this freezer - I'm aware that there are cooling lines, but I believe I can easily remove the insulation and determine how to make a clean drill. Has anyone tried drilling into the side?
View attachment 29384

View attachment 29385

View attachment 29383[/QUOTE]

DO NOT EVEN TRY TO DRILL THROUGH THE SIDES!!!!! The lines inside are very close together also these lines get HOT enough to feel the heat through the surface. How hot do you think the beer/shank/faucet is going to get?...............my.02....:eek:

Back