Secondary vs bottle time question....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bull8042

I like 'em shaved
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I brewed a third batch of Yooperbrew's awesome DFH 60-min clone recipe. It has spent 2 weeks in primary and tomorrow will be one week of dry hopping in secondary. I would like to be drinking this on New Years, which is 3-1/2 weeks away. My question is, should I secondary another week as originally planned and hope 2 weeks in the bottle will be enough? Or should I go ahead a bottle tomorrow and give it that full 3-1/2 weeks to bottle condition?
I hate to lose the dry hopping time, but I am leaning toward bottling early...

I'd bottle it. A week of dryhopping probably got most of the "goodness" out of the hops anyway.

Now, you've made me thirsty for one, and I don't have any. I'm going to have to move it up on my "upcoming" list!

Hehehe. I can't seem to keep that one at the house. I have a neighbor that likes it as much as I do, so he is buying the ingredients for the next batch.
Your recipe, by the way, came out much better and accurate IMHO than the recipe I did from Sam Calgione himself.
My other favorite is EdWorts Haus Pale Ale. Problem is, I can't get either one to stay in the pipeline long enough to try anything else!
Thanks for the advice Yoop... I am going with it.

Latest posts

Back