High temp orange "O" rings; where to buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Medo

Reaction score
Ahoy hoy,
Between my fermenator, and the weldless connections for boiling pots and such, I have a few items that use those orange hi temp o rings. Since there may be a time that I would need to replace one, and knowing I wouldnt want to have to wait a week to order one online, I am trying to figure out what kind of business would carry them. I know they were not invented soley for homebrewing; in fact, Im pretty sure they were found and adapted from existing use. So, if anyone can tell me where they may have found these things, ie hardware, plumbing, specialty store, I would sure appreciate it. I would like to find a local source ahead of any need for them.
I know i can order spares when I buy the componants, and have, but I would still like to be able to get one if im in a middle of something and have the need.
Any and all input appreciated.
I bid you all a great day! (we got 6 inches of snow over the weekend)

Ahoy hoy,
Wow jfrizzell, that site you posted is pretty slick, thanks. Im not even sure how their sizing scale works, but Im more then willing to email them to find out.
Id still like to find out what kind of store might carry those things local like. Now that I have more info on them, I can at least ask the right questions on the phone. Thanks to all the pards that posted, and, keep the suggestions coming in.
I bid you all a great day.

Well, I tried to find the silicone (-212 ) but they go from -211 to -213.

I did look at the 7/8 x 1-1/8 x 1/8 Viton Rubber Orings Size 212 10 pcs oring. They have a pretty good temp rating ( I don't think my keggle will get much about 200 c for a prolonged time :) )

Will these work?

Back