Holy Crap this is good!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergyrock

Reaction score
Just finished drinking the first beer from my first AG batch, a IIPA, and it is by far the best beer I've made. My Extract brews at 2 months in bottle are not this tasty, although not bad.

I am sure it is due to a lot of factors that changed with my process besides just going AG, like an IC, whirl-pooling, Sticking to the basics of someone else's recipe (grain bill & mash temp), better temp control etc etc.

It is also the first batch that I let condition properly (21 days at 70) before cracking the first one. 6 weeks from brew day to glass. Granted I did not let it sit in the fridge for a week so I expect them to get even better. I have been brewing every week, twice one week, since going AG and now have 8 batches in the pipeline after brewing last night. if they all turn out close to as well or better I am So stoked!

So pleased my investment panned out and I really love this hobby.

Sorry for the rant, just excited and wanted to share.

And a special thanks to all the great information here from everyone beginners and experts! I guess the best advice is definitely RWAHAHB and I have learned keep going, it gets much better.

Thanks Guys, and will do. I am completely addicted, already was to drinking beer, now making it is even better.

I am saving at least 6 bombers of each batch to build up a stock.

The difference between all grain and extract is huge in my experience.

Glad your first one turned out so well!

Thanks!

I am sure going AG had a lot to do with it, but I definitely improved my overall process/patience a lot so it was a pretty significant jump in quality

Latest posts

Back