New to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are still lost or confused...ask questions!

We are all here to help each other out. Welcome and good luck:mug:

Hello, take your time, I would suggest getting a kit to get your feet wet, read up on fermentation temperature control, Like BrewKid said if you are still lost or confused... ask question.

Welcome and Cheers :)

take good notes. write down everything you do, note your start times and end times each step of the way and write down all your temps and gravity readings.

be obsessed with sanitation.

read and reread your recipe. understand what you are going to do at each step before you start.

dont freak out if you screw something up. unless something seriously catostrphic happens, like you spill all your wort, or microwave your yeast, you will make beer.

have fun, get a couple beers of the style your making to have along the way just dont get hammered until after you pitch the yeast.

All good pointers, especially the constant note taking I have two notebooks one says brew spec (recipes and procedure) one says brew step (all my notes, tips I may have read here, and studying ive done up to brew day) Be orginized and have a plan for a smooth relaxing and fun brew day

Don't freak out if you think you've done something wrong and you're beer's going to be ruined. Chances are it will be fine.

Don't freak out if you think you've done something wrong and you're beer's going to be ruined. Chances are it will be fine.

2nd this.

this obsession is very forgiving... 900 things you think you did wrong and you will still get beer

901 things go wrong, you may not get beer, but you've learned and next time only 400 things go wrong

then you get beer.

Back