First blingman purchase - beer gun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsabrewdaddy

Reaction score
Broke down when free shipping was offered. I plan on bottling about 1/4 or 1/2 or my batches for friends and family so this should help that process.

image-4255831063.jpg

image-2070804772.jpg

I love mine. I still use BMs beer gun for when I'm only filling a couple of bottles because the Blichmann is a little PITA to set up for my system. But if I'm doing 12 or more...the thing is well worth it and kicks arse.

I love mine as well. If you haven't done it yet, I suggest building the DIY line cleaner. When I'm switching lines during bottling or afterward, it's a breeze to snap it on and push cleaner/sanitizer through the lines.

I'd also skip the accessory kit they offer (to connect the gas line to it) and fit it with a gas post so you can use a QD on it. Mine is setup that way and it makes it much easier to setup for use.

So you just put a post that would go onto a keg on the gun? Is there any additional piece that it needs in order for the post to fit? I bought the kit yesterday but would much rather do this...thanks for the idea.

Golddiggie said:
I'd also skip the accessory kit they offer (to connect the gas line to it) and fit it with a gas post so you can use a QD on it. Mine is setup that way and it makes it much easier to setup for use.

That's a really good idea though you still need two gas sources or splitter.

It would be great for me cause I run two kegs and I could just grab the co2 off on and clip to the gun.

Love that thing. I have had a few of the other bottle filling DIY options that are popular on this thread but it is hard to beat the beer gun. Once it is set up it is pretty easy. Can tear it down in about 2 mins, give a quick cleaning and be ready to go. I know many of us like to do things the DIY way and have come up with other solutions for much cheaper but I think you will be stoked with it if you use it properly. Just read all the instructions and it will work like a charm. A local brewery here just retired 2 beer guns that they used for 3 years for all of there bottling.

So you just put a post that would go onto a keg on the gun? Is there any additional piece that it needs in order for the post to fit? I bought the kit yesterday but would much rather do this...thanks for the idea.

You need to go from the 1/4" NPT thread on the gas side of the gun to 19/32-18 corny post thread which then accepts corny posts. You can do that with a single fitting.

I have gotten the fitting from Keg Connection before, for less money. Reach out to them to see if they have any on hand/in stock. You can also get the gas ball lock post for less ($7.95). Total from KC would be less than the BeerGun accessory kit you normally see.

Corny plug adapter fitting: $12.99
Gas post: $10.49

At most, it's a few dollars more than the accessory kit by itself. BUT, you still need to get more items with the accessory kit. If you already have gas lines setup (as I'm sure most of us do) then it's just a matter of connecting it to the QD you put on the gun when you want to use it. Keep in mind, the gas line/feed is just to purge the bottles, so you'll not be needing a lot of pressure from it. If you don't already have a 'spare' liquid QD, then you'll need to get one of those.

IMO, this setup is far more convenient to use, even if it might be a few dollars more. For me, money well spent.

Golddiggie said:
You need to go from the 1/4" NPT thread on the gas side of the gun to 19/32-18 corny post thread which then accepts corny posts. You can do that with a single fitting.

I have gotten the fitting from Keg Connection before, for less money. Reach out to them to see if they have any on hand/in stock. You can also get the gas ball lock post for less ($7.95). Total from KC would be less than the BeerGun accessory kit you normally see.

Corny plug adapter fitting: $12.99
Gas post: $10.49

At most, it's a few dollars more than the accessory kit by itself. BUT, you still need to get more items with the accessory kit. If you already have gas lines setup (as I'm sure most of us do) then it's just a matter of connecting it to the QD you put on the gun when you want to use it. Keep in mind, the gas line/feed is just to purge the bottles, so you'll not be needing a lot of pressure from it. If you don't already have a 'spare' liquid QD, then you'll need to get one of those.

IMO, this setup is far more convenient to use, even if it might be a few dollars more. For me, money well spent.

Awesome, thanks!

Back