Double IPA Kegging ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just_Pete

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Im new to the forum but not so new to brewing. Got about 8 or 9 brews under my belt and this past couple of weeks i decided to keg my beer for the first time. Went out and got me a corny, co2, fridge etc etc... My question to anyone that might now is.... I'm nearing the end of my fermentation process on my first Double IPA. I'm about to keg it up and throw it in the fridge. What is the right CO2 pressure and temp for a forced carb Double IPA?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Cheers!

I like mine around 38 degrees and around 12 psi. I carb mine by hitting it with 30psi about 3 or 4 times a day for 3 days. Then put it to serving pressure. It's almost always done in a week.

I like mine around 38 degrees and around 12 psi. I carb mine by hitting it with 30psi about 3 or 4 times a day for 3 days. Then put it to serving pressure. It's almost always done in a week.

would it be a crime if i forced carbed it with say 40psi over night and maybe a little shake here and there? reason being, i wanted to have drinkable ipa in a short time (graduation party.)

would it be a crime if i forced carbed it with say 40psi over night and maybe a little shake here and there? reason being, i wanted to have drinkable ipa in a short time (graduation party.)

Do what you gotta do, I've done the same and I'm sure most people who keg have as well. The tricky part is getting it to the right carbonation without overdoing it, just crank up the gas and shake it around for 10-15 minutes. That should get it most of the way there. :mug:

I do 30 psi for 3 days in the fridge and turns out good. If I was not impatient I would just put it at 10 and leave it for 2 weeks.

get beer to serving temp, set regulator at 40 psi, leave it for 48 hours, purge keg and set regulator to serving pressure, and it should be good.

thats what i do atleast, but you'll get about 30 different responses that will all get you carbonated beer.

Latest posts

Back