Help Finalize Brewery Name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangine77

Reaction score
So I've narrowed it down to 8. Please let me know which one you like the most or if you have a better suggestion, I would love to hear it. I'm trying to name my golf inspired brewery.

Albatross Brewing Co.

Condor Brewing Co.

Divot Brewing Co.

Dormie Brewing Co.

Links Brewing Co.

Mulligan Brewing Co.

Worm Burner Brewing Co.

Yips Brewing Co.

What do you think?

I am voting for Albatross Brewing Co. ... but to be honest as soon as I read the name the old rock song popped into my head....Ha Ha!

+1 on Albatross. Could make some really cool neck labels that go on all your beers with the bird spread-eagle if you will

I think Albatross or Mulligan. Albatross for the potential logo and artwork. Muligan for all the potential slogans.

If you're looking for it to scream "Golf Themed Brewery" then I'd say Divot Brewing, but if you want to be more open to interpretation then Albatross or Worm Burner. I know Worm Burner is a fairly golf specific term (at least in my mind) but it's not as common so leaves so guess work to do.

+1 Divot 2...3...4

On the golf tip - I have NO IDEA what worm burner means

When you just hit the ball hard along the ground, no air.

I also forgot that albatross was a golf term, that is a good thing in that those "in the know" get it, but also doesn't alienate anybody

+1 on divot. Nothing like a good "Hacker Ale" or "Divot brown Ale" or "Sandtrap IPA" Lets not forget the famous "Dick Out Lager". You have to golf with some guys that dont care to play Dick out golf.

+1 on divot. Nothing like a good "Hacker Ale" or "Divot brown Ale" or "Sandtrap IPA" Lets not forget the famous "Dick Out Lager". You have to golf with some guys that dont care to play Dick out golf.

Yeah... again, not a golfer so I have no idea what this means. I can tell you that the only game I'd play that involved the phrase "dick out" certainly doesn't involve other guys.

the phrase comes from when you dont hit the ball past the ladies Tee you play that hole with it hanging out. Please beleive that I have never played by these rules. Thought the guy was full of Sh*t when he said it, but cume to find out among golfers most everyone knew what this was.

+1 Divot 2...3...4

All the more reason to name it worm burner

All of the golfers will get the joke and the non-golfers will just think it's a wierd / cool name.

Plus you want a name that will make you stand out and a name people will remember.

Divot is too obvious in my opinion

Back