Is there a way to stretch the background of this image?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickngrin

Reaction score
I found this image that I'd like to incorporate into a label. I want the background of the image to take up the entire area of the label. How can I stretch the background without distorting the picture? Also, does it make more sense to use GIMP, Inkscape, or Paint.net?

Thanks!

NapoleonBike.jpg

well here is a large original that you should be able to extract more of the background from and then color correct to your image. if your making a 3X4 label it should be plenty.

napoleon2g.jpg

Thanks... I watched that and looked at a few pages with instructions but it's not coming out too well.

How did you do that???? Thanks!
I've been playing with the clone tool for awhile this evening and apparently I had some problem with a layer earlier, because the clone function wasn't working properly..now it is.

This isn't the kind of thing for the clone tool, it will end up looking pretty bad.

Rather than confuse you with something like the first reply said (color correction), I'd say just mask/crop the main image out and use a new background. The blue one isn't the original anyway.

Back