Good LHBS in San Francisco?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldog

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm moving to San Francisco (from New York) in the next couple of months, and spending the next few weeks out there. I'd love to hit up a HBS while I'm out there (there aren't any in NYC), and pick up a few things...

Any recommendations?

I've found this one thread, saying to stay away from SF beercraft....

Sorry, thought I would try bumping this once... Anyone have a shop they would recommend in SF?

Well, I think you should give them a visit anyway. I've never been there or ordered from them (I use AHS and Midwest for my online orders), but if given the opportunity I would stop in. Now granted, the guy that started the thread had a bad experience with them online but that doesn't mean you will if you go there. It sounds to me that there was some sort of misunderstanding and probably a lack of communication. Most of the posters in that same thread seem to enjoy their visits to SF Brewcraft. I say check them out, if you don't like it then your not under any obligation to spend your money there anyway. Take opinions for what they're worth but experience is priceless.:mug:

Hey everyone. I'm moving to San Francisco (from New York) in the next couple of months, and spending the next few weeks out there. I'd love to hit up a HBS while I'm out there (there aren't any in NYC), and pick up a few things...

Any recommendations?

I've found this one thread, saying to stay away from SF beercraft....

Hey I live in SF and use SF brewcraft exclusively. They have an awesome selection of hops, and there grains and other adjuncts are good, too. If the owner Griz is there, I usually just don't talk to him because he is a grouchy dude. The other workers there are awesome, however, so don't be afraid to talk to them. There are also a few in Berkeley across the bay, but I have never been to them. There are also many brewers in SF, and if you check craigslist periodically you can find some good stuff (not to mention the many microbreweris)! PM me with any questions

Jason

Bezerkely has the best LHBS on the West Coast: the Oak Barrel. Fantastic people & racks of specialty grains. They do a BBQ every year for their customers.

Back