Haier 7.1 cu ft chest freezer for 145.99 with free shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoreHopsPlease

Reaction score
*THIS IS A SCAM - DO NOT ORDER*

Hey everyone. Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on this great deal I found the other day. Harpermart (never heard of them before) is selling a Haier 7.1 cu ft chest freezer for 145.99 with free shipping online right now. This is cheaper than a lot of the smaller chest freezers available and not that much more expensive than a lot of older/used chest freezers I've found on Craigslist. Here is the link:

http://www.harpermart.com/haier-7-1-cu-ft-chest-freezer-white/

I'm not sure why they are selling them so cheap, but I already have this exact model for my kegerator and it works great. With a 2 x 6 collar, I can fit two ball-lock kegs, a 1/6th commercial keg, and a pin-lock keg converted to a ball-lock keg on the hump (the shorter height is the key to getting this one to fit on the hump, along with stainless steel quick disconnects since they are shorter, although these probably aren't needed if you went with a 2 x 8 collar). Another ball-lock keg would be able to fit instead of the commercial 1/6th keg as well.

I just bought another one at this price for a fermentation chamber since I couldn't resist the deal. Hope this helps anyone looking for a new kegerator/fermentation chamber! :mug:

I thought to myself "This is a good deal but who is HarperMart?". So I looked at the About Us page, which says "Harper USA is the leading Consumer Electronics and Appliance Retailer in the Southeast. With 11 retail stores in South Florida and the Atlanta area and growing ecommerce presence at Harpermart.com, Harper USA continues its legacy of offering your favorite brands at low, low prices.". I live in SoFL and I never heard of HarperMart. But I realized that we do have lots of BrandsMart, which is a good store that is very competitively priced. In fact, I was in there last weekend looking for a chest freezer for fermentation :) So here is a quote from the BrandsMart About Us page: "BrandsMart USA is the leading Consumer Electronics and Appliance Retailer in the Southeast. In fact, BrandsMart USA is the 8th largest Appliance Retailer in the country. With 11 retail stores in South Florida and the Atlanta area and growing ecommerce presence at BrandsMartUSA.com, BrandsMart USA continues its legacy of offering your favorite brands at low, low prices. ". Eureka! It is the same company! So I am ordering one now.

Edit: Payment is via PayPal.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/harpe...al-info-is-based-out-of-Vietnam-inter-1088796

Someone sent me that link. I am not sure as to whether or not this site is a fraud yet, as I have received several order status emails and they told me my order shipped, but it is looking pretty sketchy the more I look into it. I will post back here with more information once I receive or don't receive my chest freezer. For now I would hold off on ordering one and I apologize if anyone already has.

Nevermind, the site does not have a customer service number but the company they shipped through did. I called that company and everything checked out. I gave the lady my name and zip code and she was able to tell me my home address and what I ordered. Apparently this site ordered the chest freezer through Walmart and it is being picked up by the shipping company soon. Once it gets to my area I will have to make an appointment to have the chest freezer delivered. And indeed the chest freezer is coming from the Southeast, Georgia to be exact. I was scared for a moment, but the site does indeed appear to be legit!

Hey everyone. Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on this great deal I found the other day. Harpermart (never heard of them before) is selling a Haier 7.1 cu ft chest freezer for 145.99 with free shipping online right now. This is cheaper than a lot of the smaller chest freezers available and not that much more expensive than a lot of older/used chest freezers I've found on Craigslist. Here is the link:

http://www.harpermart.com/haier-7-1-cu-ft-chest-freezer-white/

I'm not sure why they are selling them so cheap, but I already have this exact model for my kegerator and it works great. With a 2 x 6 collar, I can fit two ball-lock kegs, a 1/6th commercial keg, and a pin-lock keg converted to a ball-lock keg on the hump (the shorter height is the key to getting this one to fit on the hump, along with stainless steel quick disconnects since they are shorter, although these probably aren't needed if you went with a 2 x 8 collar). Another ball-lock keg would be able to fit instead of the commercial 1/6th keg as well.

I just bought another one at this price for a fermentation chamber since I couldn't resist the deal. Hope this helps anyone looking for a new kegerator/fermentation chamber! :mug:

They are cheap perhaps because that brand at least used to have issues on failing. Good deal it sounds like with free shipping.

I got a couple of the GE 7 cu. ft. ones at $199, now $198 on sale at Home Depot based on some stellar reviews.

They are cheap perhaps because that brand at least used to have issues on failing. Good deal it sounds like with free shipping.

I got a couple of the GE 7 cu. ft. ones at $199, now $198 on sale at Home Depot based on some stellar reviews.

http://www.hhgregg.com/haier-7-1-cu-ft-chest-freezer/item/HCM071AW

At least on there there's about 80 positive reviews and 2 people saying it failed. Still, not sure how useful reviews are for things like this as most people post them within a few months of purchasing.

I did see there was a recall for an old 7.0 cu ft Haier model in 2010 after a few of them started fires. Luckily this is a different model.

http://www.hhgregg.com/haier-7-1-cu-ft-chest-freezer/item/HCM071AW

At least on there there's about 80 positive reviews and 2 people saying it failed. Still, not sure how useful reviews are for things like this as most people post them within a few months of purchasing.

I did see there was a recall for an old 7.0 cu ft Haier model in 2010 after a few of them started fires. Luckily this is a different model.

It may have even been for that model and they changed it. I remember some unhappy reviews for people that lost freezerfuls of meat and such so went with the GE instead. Had my freezer maybe 2 years so that may fit...

Ha...the chest freezer arrived in my town, but Walmart has told the shipping company to return it to them. This is a scam. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!

Ha...the chest freezer arrived in my town, but Walmart has told the shipping company to return it to them. This is a scam. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!

How did this turn into a scam? Why did Walmart tell the shipping company to bring back the freezer?

The shipping company got an email from Walmart saying the order was fraudulent and to not deliver the chest freezer. They told me I would have to talk to Walmart, but that of course got me nowhere because I didn't place the order with them. I filed a dispute with PayPal and within 10 minutes got an email from HarperMart saying my order was refunded. I'm not sure what their operation is or how all this was worthwhile to them, although they do have my credit card information now. All I know is I'm not getting the chest freezer.

How did they get your credit card number? The site only offered the option of PayPal (lucky for me).

Hm okay. Seems super odd but I hope you don't suffer as a result of this company.

How did they get your credit card number? The site only offered the option of PayPal (lucky for me).

Ah, I didn't think about that. I used PayPal as well. So now I'm as confused as ever... without a chest freezer.

Have you actually seen the refund from Paypal post to your account?

Not yet, but HarperMart said I will get a refund in 2-10 days and PayPal has told me that I am protected no matter what as long as I don't get the freezer.

Well, here is a happy end to my part in this tale. I just purchased a GE 7 cubit foot chest freezer via Craigslist for $60. The couple who sold it to me lives 10 minutes from my house, and the freezer was mainly used to store waffles. :mug:

20131010_201256.jpg

Back