Cigar City

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up an extra bottle of CCB's new beer, Evander. They just released it in the tap room and have not tried it myself. Apparently it is a brown ale. Let me know if you are interested. Cheers!

Legacy is $75 a bottle and will only be released from Side Berns and the other has yet to be determined. Will keep you in the loop with what I find out.

Thanks, didn't know that was the plan for Legacy. Might have to call the in laws and send them over there to get me a bottle, that's too high a price for trading.

That is a pricey bottle! That is the story I hear from a kid that works at CCB, but it was the first I heard of it.

Well, I picked up a 6'r of hopslam last night, drank one, and hate it. If anybody is interested in 5 bottles, please let me know. Thanks.

I dont remember the last time I was so disappointed. Honestly dumped it in disgust. I have no idea who the hell would have released that nasty beer.

Well, I picked up a 6'r of hopslam last night, drank one, and hate it. If anybody is interested in 5 bottles, please let me know. Thanks.

Passedpawn
What have you learned, TBbrewer?

TBBrewer
Well, I -- I think that it -- if
I ever go looking for my heart's desire
again, I won't look any further than my own
backyard. Because if it isn't there, I
never really lost it to begin with! Is
that right?

passedpawn said:
passedpawn
what have you learned, tbbrewer?

Tbbrewer
well, i -- i think that it -- if
i ever go looking for my heart's desire
again, i won't look any further than my own
backyard. Because if it isn't there, i
that right?

+1

Maybe I will try it again next year. My issue with it and pliny immediately were filtering. You dont filter dry hopped beers. And there is no way to get that clarity without doing so unless is sits for a while and loses the quality

Passedpawn
What have you learned, TBbrewer?

TBBrewer
Well, I -- I think that it -- if
I ever go looking for my heart's desire
again, I won't look any further than my own
backyard. Because if it isn't there, I
that right?

I am pretty hard headed, so I am not sure......
I guess my issue is when you set the bar at the highest point every year, you have to show up with your A game, and if you dont, it is on you. Bells has been a consistent quality brewery that has always been impressive even when I am not a fan of the style they are brewing. I have a lot of respect and expect nothing but the best from them. Maybe my expectations are too high, or they set the bar that high? Am I in the wrong to expect consistency?

I am pretty hard headed, so I am not sure......
I guess my issue is when you set the bar at the highest point every year, you have to show up with your A game, and if you dont, it is on you. Bells has been a consistent quality brewery that has always been impressive even when I am not a fan of the style they are brewing. I have a lot of respect and expect nothing but the best from them. Maybe my expectations are too high, or they set the bar that high? Am I in the wrong to expect consistency?

I think I've like all of their beers. I'm pretty sure I've had Hopslam and liked it.

Larry Bell, the founder, shows up down here occasionally. I met him at World of Beer on Linebaugh a couple of years ago. Keep your eyes peeled and maybe you can tell him in person.

He's known as a dick, but I liked him. He told me some great stories of illegal brewing in Michigan.

I think I've like all of their beers. I'm pretty sure I've had Hopslam and liked it.

Larry Bell, the founder, shows up down here occasionally. I met him at World of Beer on Linebaugh a couple of years ago. Keep your eyes peeled and maybe you can tell him in person.

He's known as a dick, but I liked him. He told me some great stories of illegal brewing in Michigan.

Can't wait to meet him! :)

What do you hear about Barley Mow Brewing Company? Largo I think?

Love the place! I was there last weekend. Jay & Colleen are the owners and brewers. They are great people and make great beer. My homebrew club is actually doing a group brew day tomorrow where we get to brew on his electric brewing system. His Unkindness, Quackalope, and Smores stout are quite impressive.

Jay and Colleen couldn't be nicer people. They are living the dream... quit hospitality jobs and stepped up their homebrew game to pro. I haven't been there since their opening, so I can't speak about the beers.

They were in my local club. Another Dunedin Brewer's Guild member is opening a similar place, but with food, in the Feather Sound area.

Jay and Colleen couldn't be nicer people. They are living the dream... quit hospitality jobs and stepped up their homebrew game to pro. I haven't been there since their opening, so I can't speak about the beers.

They were in my local club. Another Dunedin Brewer's Guild member is opening a similar place, but with food, in the Feather Sound area.

We actually flew out to GABF with them.

Trade? only three lift

48085_2760435227000_1598025997_n.jpg

My homebrew club, Pubguild, is going to do a group brew day at Barley Mow on Sunday morning. Really looking forward to brewing with Jay and learning about his e-brewing.

nedvalton said:
Maybe I will try it again next year. My issue with it and pliny immediately were filtering. You dont filter dry hopped beers. And there is no way to get that clarity without doing so unless is sits for a while and loses the quality

You can, but you have to cold crash for a few weeks, dry hop, and then cold crash again. This is a beer I did wasn't filtered and had a stunning hop flavor and aroma. It has a little condensation on the glass, it is nearly as clear as Pliny. But I agree with you 100%. I had a Pliny last night and wondered what it would be like if not for the filtering.

image-2181437549.jpg

You can, but you have to cold crash for a few weeks, dry hop, and then cold crash again. This is a beer I did wasn't filtered and had a stunning hop flavor and aroma. It has a little condensation on the glass, it is nearly as clear as Pliny. But I agree with you 100%. I had a Pliny last night and wondered what it would be like if not for the filtering.

True not impossible just hard. I always cold crash when dryhopped. I have had pretty clear stuff but when i go over say 5oz in a 5 gallon its tough. But that pellets not leaf. Leaf is another story.

What are you looking for and what is the date on those?

They just came off the shelf from RRBC last week. I would trade 1 PTE plus 4oz of Simcoe, Amarillo, or Calypso for a 6 pack of CCB Jai Alai in the can? Still think that is the best beer, even a better beer than PTE.

They just came off the shelf from RRBC last week. I would trade 1 PTE plus 4oz of Simcoe, Amarillo, or Calypso for a 6 pack of CCB Jai Alai in the can? Still think that is the best beer, even a better beer than PTE.

I appreciate the offer but I have a fresh shipment of Pliny coming my way.

I can get some port beers tomorrow, willing to trade for cc beers. I miss them so much. I really like the serpent stout from them as well. Can also get alesmith or stone.

Back