Iowa State Fair

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewyourown4life

Reaction score
shipping three different styles of beer to the fair today. Blonde Ale, spiced christmas beer, and my black Ale. jsut want to get some feed back from the judges, don't expect anything else

this will be my first competition as well. i'm dropping my beers off on Thursday. i'm entering a blonde ale as well plus an IPA, old ale and foreign extra stout. like you, i'm interested in some objective feedback from judges that aren't friends. ;)

Good luck! I'm participating in my first competition too next month: Amateur Homebrew Competition at the Montgomery County Fair.

thanks, there is a spreadsheet available in excel format that has all the info for all the beers entered. if you're interested, let me know and I will forward it to you.

yep, they were judged on sunday, august 1st. i'm not sure exactly when the results were posted, but i found them on the register's website on monday. BYO4life, can i get your email address? pm it to me if you don't want to post it.

Congratulations! I attended the Best in Show Judging at the fair here last weekend. It was the #1 from each BJCP category so out of 157 entries 20 were on the table. It took 4 judges about an hour an a half to judge them all, and when they got down to about the last 6 I could tell it was hard to choose the best one. The best I had was 3rd place in the fruit beer category for my Apple Ale.

Back