Shakespeare Clone... Opinions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b-tone

Reaction score
I've been wanting to get the best I can out of creating a Shakespeare stout clone while rogue still has their pacman yeast available. I know that AHBS sells kits for they're version, amd I've looked for a couple of other ideas and am wanting to try to compare. Does anyone care to give me the ingredients to the AHBS extract recipe just so I can comepare with this?:

http://www.highgravitybrew.com/docs/ThespianStout.pdf

Obviously I'd want to replace the Wyeast 1084 with pacman, but I'm trying to find something in the middle to get at my own LHBS.

I've used this spot for kits before with good results, but I am interested to see what the Austin site has to compare, since that seems to be the most popular place to get a kit from that I've seen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

I don't have the extract ingredients, but here is the AG grain bill and hop schedule. Maybe you can extrapolate.

AG grain bill:

9 lb Pale Malt
1/2 lb Chocolate Malt
1/2 lb Flaked Oats
1/2 lb Crystal 120L
1/2 lb Black Roasted Barley

Hop Schedule:

2 oz Cascade at 60
1 oz Cascade at 15
1 oz Cascade at 5

Thanks a lot, looks pretty similar to the others I've seen. I was pretty much trying to get affirmation on going soley with cascades for the hop bill. Thanks again.

Most rogue brews seem to use 'northwest harrington' and 'klage' malts, not sure how much it matters, but I've never heard anything about these malts outside of rogue beer labels... Are they just a specific variety of 2 row or something?

debtman7 said:
Most rogue brews seem to use 'northwest harrington' and 'klage' malts, not sure how much it matters, but I've never heard anything about these malts outside of rogue beer labels... Are they just a specific variety of 2 row or something?

Read this, and be enlightened...

Latest posts

Back