anyone have any tricks to removing bottle markings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oinyo

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a bunch of the huge carona bottles and I am trying to remove the carona label from them.

Anyone have any advice on how to do this?

Thank you

sweet thx. I think i have a little bottle of that stuff in my room :)

+1
I leave any painted bottles in some leftover StarSan for a week and the paint just wipes off.

I did this, and also used a little razor blade that I bought at the drug store that removes stickers from car windows and other flat surfaces. It is just a normal razor blade with a good plastic holder so your hand doesn't slip and the blade stays locked in.

After I did a 1 hour soak, I used the razor blade to remove the labels and they came off super clean and easy with one try. I was using bottles from 3 different brands too.

I was pulling the razor across the bottle, from left to right, not from top to bottom.

Worked like a charm :D
Now I just need to go to a hobby store to get that glass stainer so that I can personalise all my bottles :)

I boiled some water with the starsan in it and let the bottles sit in there and enjoy.
with a little SOS pad i was able to get the paint off the bottles :)

Wish i knew where i could get some of that paint for myself lol

Back