Newb Keg Setup/Parts Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkman15

Reaction score
Hi all,

I received a Kegerator - Haier Brewmaster - for Christmas and seperately, a pin-lock keg from Kegconnection.com. The Haier came with a regulator but my keg does not have disconnects. I believe I need to purchase these:

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=42

My question is that the end of my regulator hose looks like this:

photo-2_zps45bcbcdd.jpg

What else do I need to buy to make this connect correctly?

Thanks - so I should pull off the entire metal piece that is currently pushed into the red hose? Seems like the hose will be all stretched out if I take it out.

Thanks - so I should pull off the entire metal piece that is currently pushed into the red hose? Seems like the hose will be all stretched out if I take it out.

Yes. That's why hose clamps are also used. It kinda looks like the plastic bit in the photo around the hose is a clamp.

I think I would just cut it off if you have enough gas line, or also check out what size the barb size is and when you order the FFL swivel nut for the MFL pin locks just make sure its the same size. That looks like its for a sanke tap.

This was what it originally screwed into. I think these kegerators are typically designed for commercial kegs, not homebrew

image-4266683387.jpg

Yeah thats what iwas thinking. I keep that thing around thats for sure. Is the gas line 5/16"? Just make sure you order them Swivel nuts if your going with the MFL pin-locks.

One other thing - when I connected my regulator and turn on the CO2, black liquid sprayed out of the hose along with the gas (not a ton, but enough). What's up with that? Do I have a bad CO2 canister? I believe this particular one sat filled and mostly unused for about 2 years.

Latest posts

Back