Your Conicle Fermenters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Questions were asked about the "glass tops". I built these with polycarbonate tops so I could see the fermentation action. I've always liked watching the action in the carboys and commercial conicals have SS tops that you cannot see the fermentation action. I added these tops so I can see what's going on. They are definitely unique. The locking lid mechanisms are commercial De-staco clamps that are simple to operate and adjust.

can you pressure tranfer into kegs?

It doesn't look like you can as is, since there would be no good way to seal up the hole where the bung goes.

Any reason it can't come with an undrilled top and an additional port added near that top that could be used for a variety of purposes:
1. Connect a piece of tubing that functions as a blow off and runs down into a bucket
2. Connects to a shorter bit of tubing that goes up so you can stick an airlock on the end. Put in a small bracket to hold this small piece of tubing.
3. Connect to a CO2 supply so that you can pressure transfer

Latest posts

Back