Advice on a dented Better Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IlliniSox4Life

Reaction score
I just ordered a better bottle from AHS. Through shipping, the box got crushed a bit somehow and it is dented in a few spots. It's not horrible or anything, and will hold liquid fine, I'm just concerned with the warping in a few spots. Again, it's relatively minor, but I don't know if these would act the same as a scratch and be able to hold in something that could mess up a fermentation. Any advice? Are these a concern?

I wouldn't worry too much. I use a dented bb I got from my lhbs for a discount and it's been great. If you want it replaced you may have to contact the shipping company.

Thanks for the advice. I had already sent them an email. I got a response saying that it should be fine even if there is a crease as long as it isn't scratched. That's sort of what I figured, but it was my first better bottle and I thought I should ask. If it is just a small cosmetic thing, it's not a big deal and I'd rather not go through the hassle of returning it and causing AHS trouble/money, as they have been an awesome source for homebrewers.

I too have a dented better bottle from some place, and it's worked fine, so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Those bottles can hold about 2psi of positive pressure. That might be enough to pop the dent out.

Back