Siphoning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awiens

Reaction score
I'm looking at 15 gallon brew kettle, and if I get one without welds, I can get a solid SS pot I expensively. My question is this: Is there anything wrong with using an auto siphon to transfer chilled wort into a fermentor? If no, couldn't I get said inexpensive brew kettle and simply auto siphon to the fermentor? Thanks!

There is nothing wrong with auto-siphoning cooled wort from brew kettle into fermenter. You could easily start with the inexpensive kettle and down the road upgrade (solder/weld) with some fittings.

awiens said:
I'm looking at 15 gallon brew kettle, and if I get one without welds, I can get a solid SS pot I expensively. My question is this: Is there anything wrong with using an auto siphon to transfer chilled wort into a fermentor? If no, couldn't I get said inexpensive brew kettle and simply auto siphon to the fermentor? Thanks!

I have a 10.5 gallon brew pot and that's what I use myself. Nothing wrong with it at all. You can later on get a step bit and drill your hole then use a weldless bulk head. They seal perfect. Just sanitize the auto siphon before you use it. Cheers. Hope this helps

I have a 15 gallon brew kettle and I use autosiphon have been for three years

Latest posts

Back