Water Vending Machine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aksea102

Reaction score
Could some peoples in southern US states help a sister out???
I would really prefer to purchase some RO water for my brewing. It's cheaper, much more earth friendly and, well, my filtered tap water tastes like poo. Unfortunately I can't find a dang vending machine anywhere. When I lived on the west coast the vending machines were (seemingly) at every grocery store. Here in South Carolina, uh, not so much. If I had some names of companies that provide the vending machines, I could do a better online search and possibly locate one.
Gracias!

Have you cleaned your filter and installed new cartridges? Our primary filter needs a good cleaning every 3 months. Whenever I smell rotten eggs in the shower it's time for a cleaning and filter change.

I, too, am in SC (from the left coast as well!).
My tap water, too, tastes awful. I just bite the bullet and use Spring water, wherever it's on sale. I'm not letting $4 or $5 get in the way of me and a batch of beer (although it does certainly add up).

Oh, and Welcome to HBT!

The rotten egg smell wont do me much good...pretty marshy 'round these parts! New filters, new cartridges, its all the same. The water just isnt palatable enough to brew with. Ill buy purified water. Like Hang Glider said, I wont let the $5 get in the way of a tasty batch. But somewhere, SOMEWHERE here there has to be a vending machine....

I got spring water from wally world for under a buck a gallon. Then I started buying the case of liter bottles of drinking water at CostCo. It was an even better deal. And since I do partial boils, I can throw a few of the bottles in the fridge so I have cold top-up water to get my temp down easier.

I got spring water from wally world for under a buck a gallon. Then I started buying the case of liter bottles of drinking water at CostCo. It was an even better deal. And since I do partial boils, I can throw a few of the bottles in the fridge so I have cold top-up water to get my temp down easier.

I do the same thing. Kroger has a 3 pack of one gallon jugs for $2.19.

A quick Google search didn't turn up anything for South Carolina but here in San Diego, we have "The Water Store" and instead of being a vending machine at a grocery store, it is an actual business in a strip mall (and there's lots of them). Maybe you can search on Google for your city and find something like that.

Good luck!

Back