Austin home brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbird

Reaction score
So i just want to say that I found Austin home brew! Amazing place. They have exactly what I wanted. I can get any kit I want and have the freedom of doing all-grain, extract DME or LME. You can make any beer yours. I love it. I have not ordered from them yet I was just going to post and see if it is worth it. Shipping is cheap but is it to good to be true. Is Austin Home brew as good as they look?

I love AHS. I used Midwest for a while until they got rid of flat rate shipping. I found AHS and love their shipping. Their ingredients kits are perfect and can be adjustable to your abilities. Shipping is quick to!

Austin homebrew is awesome. I've not used northern brewer or any other place, but I really don't need to. Ahb has everything and it's priced well and the staff there is great. I've taken an all grain class there also which was awesome. I recommend them to everyone that asks where to get brew kits or anything. Good stuff.

Having just started brewing I have been really pleased with the support they ported me. The prices are good and knowledge people always answer the phone. Not sure which thread it was but I came across a question about one of the kits the sell, and one of the first replies was from AHS directly to help the guy out.

i went there once, just looking around. needed a thermometer for 1 of my kegs. found a weldless blichmann thermo for $32. every1 else wants 50+ for the weldless like that. they also were more than happy to talk about what i could use. good guys, and great prices, just waiting for an excuse to go down to austin again work-related so i can visit them

I have used them several times and have had quick turnarounds with them. Usually getting my order within 3 to 4 days. Fixing to put an order together with them shortly for some more yeast and grains. Love their flat rate shipping. It is cheaper for me to order through them than to go to the LHBS which is over 50 miles away.

Same as everyone else, love em! Huge selection of recipes and great shipping. I wish I lived closer so I could get some different yeasts. They have been a major resource of mine in learning different ingredients, as they have so many styles, different hops, love the seasonals!

I've been ordering from them online pretty regularly for a while now, and I finally made a pilgrimage to the physical store location about a month ago to take a look around (it's about a 45 minute drive from my house). All the guys there were super friendly and helpful, so naturally I came out of there about $200 poorer. I will be back soon, I hope.

I heard that all employees are moonlighters in the Austin Facial Hair Club.

I get everything from them when I have A big order, and often find an excuse to go visit and "save" on shipping.

Yep, I use them too, though not as much as some power brewers (Yooper) I am sure. Good to work with and generally excellent availability of what I need. Only very occasionally do I find a relatively obscure malt they might not have. Shipping seems about one day slower than it used to be, but is still very good. Nice folks.

Well, it doesn't sound very appealing to me- but that is why brewing is so cool. You can make whatever sounds good to you, and if it sounds good then I'd say you should go for it!

The kits they sell come with very good instructions, so you should have no issues.

You know that's why I got into home brewing. I like to just see what other beers are out there. I'm tired of "Bud Light". I mean there are good beers out there but there is something about a home brew I like.

I'm going there this weekend(hopefully, if nothing on the honey do list gets in the way) to get my equipment and kit to do my first home brew!

res313 said:
I'm going there this weekend(hopefully, if nothing on the honey do list gets in the way) to get my equipment and kit to do my first home brew!

Oh that is a sweet sweet day for you. I remember my first kit. It is really a blast. Have fun with it. And we are here to help with any problems. One thing I would say be patient everything will turn out fine.

dannyhawkins said:
I heard that all employees are moonlighters in the Austin Facial Hair Club.

I think it's a prerequisite for employment...the 10" or longer beard. It's awesome!

Back