MD Summer brew day 08/15/2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That logo was linked earlier, but as it's probably protected by copywrite - hopefully this new logo will work for us.

Should we start an official MGBoF homebrew club?

or we just find a fat hooker and have her pee on alan. that would be a good logo.
the more **** the better! there are people with no AG stuff(cugel) and people with retarded all grain stuff (Data). and some will be doing 2 batches... so bring it! wost thing is it doesn't get used!
Im sure no one here is surprised to see that you like to see balls!

Damn, you are sure quick with the one liners for a HOMO!!!

If so, let me know. BYO has asked me to write an article, and I will work in an MGBoFB reference. Not sure how, but I will...

That would be amazing. We need to find some way to work it into the pictures too.

Oh, and either stefin or ryan send me the logos please.

I feel like the guy who walked in the room in the middle of the punch line. Is there an explanation of the monkeys f*%#ing the football logo that's appropriate for the forum, or should I just ask on Brewday? :confused:

It's the most accurate description of how an MD Brewday works.

We get the strike water for the mash ready, then everyone gets ****faced and nobody remembers what time we're supposed to drain the mash or how much water goes in the sparge. Then by the time boil comes, the hop schedule is usually screwed up in one or more manners.

Typically, we need to designate one sober brewmaster for the day to keep watch over everything. That person is NEVER my roommate, and I got tired of being 'that guy' for the first few brewdays, so I just sit and drink.

I remember when Stephin tried to be the sober brewmaster down at 98EXL's house...he was PIZZED off that we were all drunk playing ******* while he was monitoring 2-3 brews. :)

So, the last brew session was described as a monkey having intercourse with the football. But since there are LOTS of monkeys present - it became sort of a group intercourse session with the football (the brew).

See now there are a couple problems with that idea. First, it would require him to actually be there and second it would require someone to keep him away from the vodka. Why don't you try an focus on getting your keggle first before trying to get him to brew for our drunk asses :D

Hey guys, I may not come back. THe west coast has some great beer. Bartenders can kiss it, but the beer is fantastic.

ill try to remember to check tonight! I haven't thought about it for a while... I think I just used Jameels recipe. but ill post tonight, maybe.

ok, that worked cool! I rounded some up some down.....funny thing is, I almost put my vienna malt into my bier de kitten, simple for no idea what else to do with it ahahah!

Ryan, let me know what you think, I dont have any goldings, but I do have lots of hops, so we could sub something, or get goldings.

I may have some spare ball locks if you want to man up.

Do enough MD folks like sours that we may be able to entertain a group brew with a barrel? I think Chadds Ford winery near me sells old barrels every now and then. They are the monster ones though, so there is no reason for me to get one myself.

It may cause a week of couch sleeping, but I have space at my place. I think it would need to stay at a constant temp, so it would need to be in my basement. I could make the room if there is interest.

Well, I was thinking flanders red, but if you all think we are still talking in 3+ years, I am in for a lambic too.

Latest posts

Back