Cleavland?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffd520

Reaction score
SWMBO is going to Cleavland for work in 2 weeks and to my surprise she told me to make a list of beers and where she can get them and she would pick them up for me. So anyone got any suggestions.

Fat Heads makes some good beers, especially their head hunter ipa. Otherwise Great Lakes is really decent, their Edmund Fitzgerald porter is great.

Have her pick up some Hoppin' Frog. They're out of Akron but available everywhere in Cleveland. Great brews. Fat heads is another great brewery with limited distribution. Great Lakes has some good brews as well, but they have pretty wide distribution so you may be able to get that already

Pick up more than one Hoppin' Frog BORIS the crusher.
Great Lakes Burning river is a great pale ale/APA
There's also Market Garden Brewery/Distillery, though I have yet to visit them. They're across the street from the Great Lakes Brewery. Thirsty Dog makes some decent beers, I don't have any favorites from them.

I'm from right on the TN KY border north of Nashville. I can get the Great Lakes stuff here I love their stuff. I'll have to check out the hoppin frog. Thanks for the advice and any more would be appreciated.

Is she driving? If so, have her come home via I-77 and stop in Athens and get some Jackie-O's. if she isn't you can find it in Cleveland ( but it won't be everywhere.)

She's flying and just found out shell be in Bedford heights not actually Cleveland. Sorry about the delay in responses between work and school I have time no free time anymore.

Bedford heights is right up the road from me. It's right by the freeways, so there's no problem getting around from there.

Thirsty Dog out of Akron also has some pretty decent stuff. Although I'll admit I don't buy much commercial beer, even local stuff.

There is a place in Berea called Cornerstone, which is minutes from the airport, that makes some awesome brew. They don't bottle, but you can get growlers. I would suggest their #7 IPA. THEY were the reason I started brewing. I also didn't see anyone suggest Brew Kettle out of Middleberg Heights (right down the road from Berea). Definitely have her grab you some White Rajah. Fantastic IPA. Fatheads is also a must.

Back