VR8200 & BG14 (Gas Valve & Banjo)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splobucket

Reaction score
I've seen a few different opinions around the forums about how to get these two things working together on LP. What do I need to get these working together correctly? (Regulator? Orifices?) I've already converted the VR8200 to LP.

I had not heard that they make that burner in both high and low pressure. If yours are high pressure you will need to change out the orifices to low pressure. You can do this by drilling out the stock orifice or buying one of these (which is what I did).

Low Pressure Orifice

You know, I'm wondering if they in fact actually make it in high pressure. There's a few websites that show the BG14's as low pressure (they might change the model name, but it's the same unit), but I'm thinking they just buy the high pressure one (which is sold on Bayou's website) and switch out the orifice for you. What you say confirms what else is out there. So you're burner works really well with the low pressure orifice and low pressure gas?

I've not had a problem with these orifices. It did take a little fine tuning with the air intake. If it is windy you will get a flare up from time to time. Not a big deal though.

Back