Got a great free bottle of Syrah. What would blend well with it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylja06

Reaction score
Was thinking of soaking cocoa nibs in it for a few weeks then adding to secondary for a smoked stout, but that may be a bit off the wall. Any ideas?

I don't really drink wine so I just wanna do something homebrewy with it. The sample I had was delicious.

I'd drink it, but if you want to use some of it for homebrewing, I'd do a long soak with some oak cubes/chips in it and use it something. Maybe a saison or a barleywine, or try it across multiple styles and see how the Syrah blends with them. The only blonde I've really liked was aged in Pinot barrels.

Hmm, makes sense. I just don't drink wine on my own outside tiny tasting glasses, but like the lingering taste. The oak cube idea makes sense, especially smoked ones if I go with the smoked porter.

I have no idea, hence why I came here. I know I've seen wine-soaked things before, but I have no idea how / what specifically was used.

Back