Phoenix - BATF Brewout SAT 2/7/09

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes we are brewing again! We've gotten our core BATF brothers together for our 5th? or 6th? brewing get-together.

BATF - stands for Brewing Acronym To Follow.

This is a good opportunity to exchange beers/ ideas and perhaps learn/share a new technique.

So far on the confirmed brewer list:
olllllo
Brandon O
beerthirty

Guest appearance:
thorongil

Going to the Opera:
DesertMonkey

Check the BATF groups area or Send a PM to olllllo for more information.

Also I will be at Papgo after work on Thursday to sign up any new BATF members and we can give each other the axe murderer test... Thursday 2/5 after 6PM.

well, I was in town last weekend; but won't be in Phx for awhile....

next time I'll announce my arrival and maybe we can get once scheduled for when us highlanders come to town?? :D

Coincidently on Thursday at Papago.

Pitcher of Nectar will be pairing Vermont cheeses, VT Smoke and Cure meats and Lake Champlain chocolates with 6 different styles of Rock Art beer on draft at Papago Brewing Thursday February 5th 2009. There will even be a large pizza special - the Vermont Pizza with meats and cheeses from VT. Swag to give away and fun times for all. Please pass on the word and I hope to see you guys there.

I was waiting for someone to ask if "going to the opera" was Phoenix slang for not making it to a brew out.

And then I would have to post that no, I really am going to the opera. Which I'm not saying is my first choice for the weekend, but ya do pick the battles when you are married :)

Has the olllllo™ brand fallen in these trying economic times?

That could be true, but don't despair. It's not lost quality,it's lost quantity of the dollar behind the shares.

That's what they keep telling us at the bank, and hell, it works there to keep us motivated like little drone bees.

Ok, I kid - we stay motivated because every once in a while the queen comes down and eats one of us. Or a whole team of us. That'll get ya moving.

Am I the only one that feels a little rough this morning after some of those Rock Art beers?

Wish I was gonna be there to see that brew olllllo - I'll be looking for pics of the day. Don't forget to get one of the pear extract being added - that's not an everyday thing.

Awesome brewday! beerthirty killed two batches, Brandon O did a flanders red and I finished an ESB and an experimental ale.

The experimant ale was a wheat and pilsner grain bill. a two hour caramelization boil, elder flowers, grains of paradise, sorach-ace hops split between french ale and saison yeast. Later I will add pear extract. I may dry hop and or dry elder flower.

thorongil and McWort came by and we sampled some of their beers.

wild also turned up.

Thanks for dropping by guys!

It was a fun day... here's to looking forward to more in the future (and a portable brewery 2.0 being done so that I can brew)...

Thank's for having me over, olllllo. Really enjoyed myself. Picked up alot of good info, too. Everyone was great. Hope we can do it again soon. Cheers! :mug:

Back