EAC Drinking Club, Eastern Mass/ RI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulthenurse

Fecal Transplant Super Donor
Reaction score
Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah
So DrinksWellWithOthers and I met for a few last night at the East Ave Cafe in Pawtucket. While there we founded the EAC Drinking Club. I was unanamously elected Generalisimo for Life of the EAC Drinking Club, adn DrinksWellWithOthers was elected Chancellor of the Bottle Opener. We're going to be meeting there again on Presidents Day, Monday the 16th of Feb. Here are a few of the reasons you might want to join us...

Mmmmmm New Firkins every Tuesday
1232482108.jpg

Plenty-O-options
1232481984.jpg

Multi-taps
1232481901.jpg

More Taps
1232482050.jpg

There are a hundred other beers there in bottles, all in all it's a decent beer bar. The food is ok, nothing to glue up a zipper about but it doesn't suck. And you just can't beat the name.

You local guys should come on down. 40 minutes from downtown Boston to Pawtucket.

PTN

I stand corrected. Wednesday.

They were pouring a Berkshire Brewing Pale Ale last night that was OUTSTANDING! Ok, actually they were pulliing it, it's served from a beer engine, but it was fantastic. Perfect temp, perfect carbonation, perfect hop nose. If I didn't have to get up a do errands this morning I would have hid in the bathroom at closing.

PTN

The BBC Pale on cask was great. Its the first time I've had cask beer that I liked even it was 5 days old. I'll definitely be there and some of you other guys should head down too. If nothing else come on down to get Loose Cannon on tap.
Mmmmmmmm... Loooossee Caaannnonnn.... aaarrhhhhgghhhh :drunk:

Well guys work has trumped fun for this event and i'm off to Ohio for the week... Have a few beers for me and enjoy your evening.
I'm very sad I have to miss out on all the fun.

Blah blah blah blaaaah bla blah Pregnant blahhhh bllllaaah
Blahblahblahblah Couldn't drink with the boys anyways blah blah blah
Blahhhhh blah blah work sucks
Blahhhhblahblahblahblahhhhhblahblahblaaah Can John still come blah blah baly
Blahblahblahhhh bbbblahhh blablbalyblah we'll miss you blahblahblah

With blah all my blahblahblah love,
Uncle Paul

I blahblahblah crack myself up blah

Do they allow air into the firkin and do they serve it the next day?
My house bitter is really nice after it gets some oxygen in it.

Maybe I can get Cape Brewing to go on an excursion but I think he's more of a Scotch snob now than a beer geek.

Have you heard? He is having a SCOTCH NIGHT SCOTCH NIGHT SCOTCH NIGHT
Touts the freakin thing like its a Monster truck show......................

Wish I could make it but I've been really pushing it lately with beer events and this one would push me over the edge with the SWMBO.

(and keep your comments to the trash talking thread Paul)

Rumor has it I'll run into a few of you at the Night of the Barrels anyway.

Really good chance that I could make the next EAC event and maybe I'll drag that punk Babalu along with me (who will also be at the Night of the Barrels)

Beer Advocates' Extreme Beer Fest!

... as my SWMBO continues to bust my stones... "Extreme Beer Fest... cause... it's EXXXXX-TREEEEEEEEEME!!! " (waving her hands in the air and giggling)

She's kind of a jerk sometimes.

there's another thread on here somewheres 'bout it.

Kidding aside, Courtney and I are thinking about going. Not sure though. i haven't been to BBC in a long time. It's a little closer to us, the food's great, they have a really long beer list... and Paul won't be there... so.. it's kind of a tough decision on what we want to do

Is the club still meeting regularly or is it a "just on the moment" gathering?

I have never been so I might need someone to hold my hand :cool:

-Will

Kind of a spur of the moment thing. On The Witches Brew forum Melena was asking if anyone's interested in heading down tomorrow night. I'm busy but if you're interested give her or BigJohn a call or shoot them a PM. Monday night is promotion night and you can usually get free stuff like shirts or glasses.

Back