Lazy Summer Scrotie McBoogerballs 30 Minute Hop Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopbrad

Reaction score
Recipe Type
Extract
Yeast
Safale-US-05
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Light
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
21 days @ 75 Degrees
Tasting Notes
Light, Crisp and Hoppy
10.0 oz Crystal 20L
3.0 lbs Extra Pale Liquid Malt Extract

Hop Bill

0.25 oz Cascade - 30 minute
0.25 oz Hallartau - 30 minute
0.25 oz Citra - 15 minute
0.25 oz Cascade - 15 minute
0.50 oz Citra - 5 minute
0.25 oz Cascade - 5 minute
0.25 oz Citra - after flameout
0.25 oz Cascade - after flameout

2.5 oz - Priming Sugar

Steeped Crystal 20L in 2.5 gallons of water for about 15-20 minutes until the temp reached 150 degrees. Add Half the LME at boil. Add the rest at 15 minutes. Dumped the Hop Pellets in without use of a hop bag or strainer and also poured about 75% of the bottom gunky goodness into the fermenter after i cooled the wort hoping for some more hop flavor.
This is a cheap, simple Light Pale Ale recipe i put together as a 2.5 test batch to ferment in my Mr Beer keg. Brew this while watching this great episode of South Park.

i didnt notice any. since its summer i had to bring the primary over to my parents house which is set at 75(my house doesnt have central AC). But its in the basement which was probably a few degrees cooler, it would be nice to keep it in the mid 60's for a cleaner crisper ale but dont think i can do that in the summer.

figured id update on this since i drank my last 12 oz'er. i still have a bomber left, but this pale ale was really great if you like hoppy beers. i've drank this and had commercial IPA's and could barely taste their hop presence. Citra really gives a great strong flavor profile along with the cascade. for a cheap hoppy brew day, i recommend this. the only negatives are its a little thin during the first 3-5 weeks of drinking. but after that, the flavors seem to develop and then letting it sit in the fridge for a week or 2, i think lets the co2 go back into the beer and helps thicken it up. not sure if that makes sense since i still consider myself a newb, but slainte!

Back