BCS-460 Violent Boil - turn down?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchb

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've brewed a few batches on my new electric BCS-460 system and I've noticed that when im boiling I tend to have a very violent boil.
The problem is, if I set the temp for 212, the boil is very violent, and then once the temp reaches 212 it shuts off - once it falls down a few degrees it takes back off again and works it way back up to 212 then shuts off again. I get that this is the point of reaching a temp and shutting down but is there a way I can hold a constant temp instead?

Instead of using a temperature setpoint for boiling, I would suggest directly controlling the the element. Also, you can lower the "duty cycle controlled" percentage to something less than 100% to control the intensity of the boil.

Thanks for the info guys, this is what I was looking for. I completely forgot about adjusting the duty cycle. I'll be testing it out this weekend.

Back