mango/peach extract????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've used 100% raspberry jam to good effect in a stout before, it has a more "cooked" fruit flavor that I like in darker beers. If you want mango flavor I would use something that has mango higher than the 4th ingredient:

■Ingredients: Peach, Sugar, Dextrose, Mango Puree, Glucose Syrup, Fruit Pectin, Citric Acid. Fruit Content: 52%.

I really enjoyed the Cigar City mango IPA, which apparently was “Cask conditioned on dry hops, mango acai tea, and a hint of lavender.” Which i have to suspect is: http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/detail.html/herbal-teas/acai-mango-zinger

Yeah, you'll probably get a little more peach than mango just by looking at the ingredients but I'd use it personally.

i might try this product at a later date i decided just to go with fresh cut mangos that i froze to kill bacteria then racked my ipa ontop of the mango chunks...no sure how im getting them out of the carboy yet but they are in there...hahaha the flavoring of the mangos was amazing as i had to try some before adding to my brew, ill keep you posted how it comes out and booster maybe when its done you can try one at homebrew nights

Back