Noob ? Why 2 spouts on the kettle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgardyasz

Reaction score
How are you guys, 1st time brewer and so this is probably going to be a really dumb question, but it seems important to me lol. So i bought a brewing kit (this one Personal Home Brewery #4 - Bottling Super Deluxe | MoreBeer to be exact) and have read the crap instructions (kit instructions really DO suck), and the faq on the site but im stumped.

0620091512.jpg

I assume the bottom opening in the kettle is for the ball valve along with the threaded barb to attach the vinyl tubing to transfer my wort to the carboy for fermentation. What is the top hole for and the only other hardware that came with it is a threaded nut that screws in but has a hole in the center (Won't my wort leak out of this?) Any help would be appreciated guys cause I don't want to start this until I figure it out and im VERY anxious to start lol.

While that makes sense, the kit came with a floating thermometer I'm assuming I drop that into the actual kettle where it floats on top? And I guess if it was the sight glass tube it should have been included? If you look at the pic it does come with that male pipe thread plug that fits but it has a hole drilled out in the center... Nothing else came with the kit, so I'm guessing I'm totally screwed on brewing today :mad: because of an 8th of an inch hole drilled in the nut until i buy a new one or you guys come up with something else (thanks for the prompt replies though)

If you look at the pic it does come with that male pipe thread plug that fits but it has a hole drilled out in the center... Nothing else came with the kit, so I'm guessing I'm totally screwed on brewing today :mad:

That's what I noticed....but it looks like that generic pic for the seperate kettle actually shows a real plug (no hole in the middle). So you're sure there's nothing else in the kit that fits that hole...trying to see a list for your kit, there's a rubber stopper without hole....does that fit the hole?

Yea Yuri I think thats what im gonna do just goto lowes and buy a new one. Thanks for all your help guys! I'm loving this forum already! :mug:

Back