Am I a "Beer Snob"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Am I a Beer Snob

• Your a Beer Snob

• Your not a Beer Snob

Results are only viewable after voting.

sflcowboy78

Reaction score
My Friends have called me a "Beer Snob". What do you guys think.

Situation: I go with a few friends (all who enjoy good beer) into a local liquor store. Looking at the beer selection there I decide to go with Anchor Steam, Rahr Ugly Pug, and a Bomber of Rouge Chocolate Stout. When we get to the front to check out one of my friends goes first and the guy behind the counter picks up his bottle of Arrogant Bastard tips it on its side and then spins it trying to find the barcode. When my turn comes the guy goes to pick up the bomber of Rouge before he gets it in his hand i ask him not to tilt it or spin it. He ask why. I explaine to him about bottle conditioned beer (brief version). He then asks me "so what you don't like the taste of yeast". I answer i do but only when drinking a hefe. The rest of the night my friends called me a beer snob.

I'm guessing your friends would not like to have a beer with me.....and ya ever met olllllo? That guy takes pictures of every freeken beer he drinks and then makes notes about it! ( SWMBO is pissed that I picked up a bit of that off of him)

***Edit
I clicked snob...really...if you don't consider yourself a snob...you are more like an EAC in training.

You might be a beer snob....but it doesn't have anything to do with not wanting the yeast sediment re-introduced into the beer. ;)

I have the opposite problem. My friends don't think I'm discerning enough with beer.

I brought home a six pack of Bud Select a while back. They had to put SWMBO on oxygen for a solid hour.

I think it is legit if you were going to be drinking those beers the same day. When you buy a nice beer you should be able to enjoy it in the way you see fit. If you weren't going to drink it for a week or so you are an EAC and should have given the guy a break :D

I think it is legit if you were going to be drinking those beers the same day. When you buy a nice beer you should be able to enjoy it in the way you see fit. If you weren't going to drink it for a week or so you are an EAC and should have given the guy a break :D

The Liquor store is 5 Min from home and was planning on drinking it as soon as i got back.

Dang straight I is a beer snob. If'n it ain't in a can, I ain't drink'n it! You hoity toity types and your glasses. It makes too big a mess to be shoot'n glasses and then I be walk'n on glass to get to the outhouse. H*** ya I'm a snob. ;)

I'm guessing your friends would not like to have a beer with me.....and ya ever met olllllo? That guy takes pictures of every freeken beer he drinks and then makes notes about it! ( SWMBO is pissed that I picked up a bit of that off of him)

***Edit
I clicked snob...really...if you don't consider yourself a snob...you are more like an EAC in training.

Yeah I actually have a bunch of beers in my fridge I haven't tried yet because every time I try a new beer I write a review of it...and I've been so freaking lazy about it...so there they sit...lonely...waiting for my appraisal....whispering my name everytime I open the fridge...calling me....waiting for my tongue to.....

*sigh*

sflcowboy78, yeah you're a beer snob....but you're not alone....

I think this poster I made based on a picture of groovepuppy pretty much sums up most of us on here.

motivator2903225.jpg

You're a beer snob, but I'll qualify it with the statement that it's all relative. To those guys definitely; to some of the more prominent members here, not so much. I for one think it's perfectly reasonable to ask the guy not to spin or tilt the bottle, but I'd probably just put it in the fridge for a few days and drink it later, rather than show my friends how gay I am for properly cared for beer.

Back