Football!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkeyfoot Jr.

Reaction score
Anyone else that CAN'T WAIT for college football season to start? My Buckeyes take the field in just over 30 days. The anticipation is killing me. Who's your team? What are your thoughts on the upcoming season?

With 20 starters returning this is shaping up to be a great year. If they can get past USC on 9/13 I think they should be a lock for the title game although games at Madison, at night, and Champaigne both make me a bit nervous. Beanie should be in the thick of the Heisman race and as long as Boeckman can play error free (see Krenzel in 2002) they should do just fine. I'd like to see Beanie break the 2000 yard mark.

The only sports I watch or follow is football and cycling. Once the Tour finishes this weekend I will be gearing up for the football season.

I'm usually rooting for OSU on saturday though Purdue does get some loyalty as I got my MS there. On Sunday Steelers are my team.

OSU has got a good chance with alot of returning starters but it is still tough to go all the way.
The AFC North is looking to be an interesting division this year with Cleveland finally getting back in the game.

Overall I am anticipating a great season.

Craig

God damn I loves me some football. Hokies & Redskins FTW. Everyone else can suck it. Argh, I finally got the "right" season ticket offer at FedEx...up to SIX seats...holy crap. If I had a ton of cash laying around...they're $704/seat for 10 games in nosebleed seats :(

Roll Tide Roll! I have been counting the days. I can't wait to kick the season off in Atlanta!

UC Bearcats, son! :ban:

I'm a UC alum and I'm just thrilled that with the recent success of our football team the fan base is growing to a respectable size. When I went to our crappy bowl game at the end of last year, we outnumbered Southern Miss fans 3 to 1..........in Birmingham! If we can keep it rolling we can stop having Cincinnati -- one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the region -- continually pillaged by the Evil Empire (O$U).

On the serious though, I have a few friends that are Buckeye fans, so I can't say too much. That doesn't mean I can't root against them under my breath, does it? ;)

Back