So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not waiting until the weekend. There's a batch of Irish Setter red ale in the kettle right now! :)

2013 03-21 Irish Setter in the pot.JPG

American wheat beer this Sunday after church. Should be ready in time for my son's Little League end of season party. Can't wait. A little session wheat beer by the pool with a few good looking moms. Perfect!

Brand new to the forums and just started brewing in January. This will be our (my neighbor and I) 4th batch. We are trying our first IPA this Saturday.

Brewing up a nice Simcoe/Citra IPA tomorrow, bottled up 5.5 gallons of wheat beer yesterday so my main fermenter is ready and willing to be filled ;)

Throwing together a 15-min extract APA tomorrow. My first all-extract batch (with steeping grains) in over a year; I've been exclusively all-grain or PM for a good while.

Seemed like a good experiment, and it will be nice to be done brewing before noon! :rockin:

-Rich

I'm brewing up a batch of Denny's version of Golden Monkey this weekend. Pretty good grain bill and some hops I've never brewed with before. It should turn out to about 9.5% ABV. This will be my 1st batch to go in my new kegging system.

Brewed a red ale last night but will bottle my pepper ale this weekend, probably Sunday. Worried it might get too hot and be hard to drink if left longer in my secondary.

Brewing a Belgian Golden Ale right now...waiting for mash to be done. Installing a ball valve in strike water pot while I wait. Multitasking for home brewers :)

Brewing an all Columbus Ipa and possibly a small saison tomorrow morning, first brewday since a monster 60 gallon batch of barleywine 2 weeks ago

I'm done my first AG alone and its going to be a weizen!!!! my dad wants to see the while brew process so I came home for spring break. No better way to spend it brewing!

Just kegged my scotch wee heavy/imperial stout hybrid it started at 1.120 and ended at 1.027 kinda sweet but after 1 24 oz mug tyson to the head WoW!
:drunk:

Just kegged my scotch wee heavy/imperial stout hybrid it started at 1.120 and ended at 1.027 kinda sweet but after 1 24 oz mug tyson to the head WoW!
:drunk:

Interesting. How did that work out, did you have a little more rotated barley?

Wee heavy is in my future, just looking for a good extract recipe.

Getting prepped for tomorrow, a buddy is coming up to brew. Double brew day, 5G of an Irish red and 5G of a Sam Adams summer ale clone.

Im gonna brew up a Munich Helles tomorrow. This weekend was totally open to brewing but the weather will be warmer and less windy tomorrow. Should be good. Im trying to make a Michelob clone for my dad.

After getting past a stuck sparge I'm half way through the boil.

I had a little trouble today too. I ground a little too fine and couldn't get a good flow. I had to stop recirculating, re-stir really good, let it settle and start it going again at a trickle for awhile. It flowed great after that. Phew.

I've always read to grind it fine to the point that you're scared. I guess I wasn't scared enough.

Cheers to unstuck sparges.

:mug:

Almost done mashing my Cream of Three Crops! First cream ale and it's going to be my first kegged batch!

Cheers!

dsc0040nz.jpg

I'm about to put some spent grain bread in the oven. I had no idea just how much of a mess that was going to add to my already messy brew day!

Brewed my first milk stout. Had my first one 2 weeks ago at Apocalypse Brewing in Medford, Oregon and I had to make my own. Thanks to Jamil Zklaskjflskshef for the recipe in his book, Brewing Classic Styles.

Back