Toured Sierra Nevada - What a place!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helibrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I graduated from Chico in 1981 just as Grossman was getting SN off the ground. This past week I moved my daughter up there for school and went over to SN for a tour. What an impressive place. The tour was an hour long and went through the entire operation including the hop freezer. The tour ends with samplings of 8 beers.

As a company I was very impressed with their sustainability programs, employee treatment (medical care and day care provided onsite), and community involvement. The restaurant was awesome too with 20+ SN beers available. I picked up a 12 pack of the beer camp beers in the store.

If you are ever in that area I highly recommend stopping in and touring then eating. It was amazing to see what a motivated home brewer has accomplished.

Great place. My RV'ing group used to go to Chico once a year and SN was always great for one evening meal. Course.. Bier was great too :)

My better half graduated from Chico about 10 years earlier than you...

I lived in Chico for a summer back in 2006. That brewery was like my second home! I remember the pale foots off the tap were my fav! 6 packs in town were way cheaper than buying them here in Va. I miss the brewery and Bidwell park. I'll make it back there at some point.

Bobeer with Sierra opening the new brewery in ,I think ,North Carolina in a year or two you should be able to get some cheep Sierra Nevada again.

The restaurant was awesome too with 20+ SN beers available. I picked up a 12 pack of the beer camp beers in the store.

Everyone knows their beer is good, but their food is flat out amazing. Many breweries have good food, but even without the beer, this place would be worth the stop.

That said, I'm glad they have the beer, too :D

Bobeer with Sierra opening the new brewery in ,I think ,North Carolina in a year or two you should be able to get some cheep Sierra Nevada again.

That's awesome! Thanks for the info I'll look into it. Might make a good pit stop going down south if it's not too far off of 95.

Unfortunately their FAQ disagrees with this assessment.

Will your beer be less expensive in NC once the Brewery is in operation?

Probably not, since we have been subsidizing the freight to many of our Eastern markets our shelf price will probably not change significantly.

See more about it here.

Latest posts

Back