American Porter PBJ Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msa8967

mickaweapon
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
PBJ Porter (Prefered By Johanna, one of my biggest supporters and consumers of my homebrewing).

10 lbs 2 Row Brewers Malt
1 lb Crystal 60L
8 oz Chocolate Malt
2 oz of Bisquit malt
2.5 oz of Fuggles (60 min)
1 package of Nottingham dry yeast

mash at 154 F for 60 minutes.
ferment at 65-68 F for 21-28 days.
OG: 1.058
FG: 1.015
IBU: 38

This is my most popular porter recipe.

Hey I'm sorry but can you please explain some of this I'm new to it and I'm trying to just read a bunch of recipes to yet and make my own

phishey said:
Hey I'm sorry but can you please explain some of this I'm new to it and I'm trying to just read a bunch of recipes to yet and make my own

There is a lot written here and elsewhere that will help you. The best I've ever read and what helped me understand doing more than a Kit brew is howtobrew.com John Palmer's book well worth buying a copy of, but he provides his first edition of the book on the website totally free. It's a homebrewer's bible, easy to read and understand.

msa8967 said:
PBJ Porter (Prefered By Johanna, one of my biggest supporters and consumers of my homebrewing).

10 lbs 2 Row Brewers Malt
1 lb Crystal 60L
8 oz Chocolate Malt
2 oz of Bisquit malt
2.5 oz of Fuggles (60 min)
1 package of Nottingham dry yeast

mash at 154 F for 60 minutes.
ferment at 65-68 F for 21-28 days.
OG: 1.058
FG: 1.015
IBU: 38

This is my most popular porter recipe.

This sounds tasty, definitely going on my To Brew list! Thanks for sharing :D

I made this recipe with a white labs 001 that I washed I rushed this beer to keg about 10 days g2g............I usually do about a week in primary and a week in seconadary but after 10 days this beer is one of my favorites and it will only get better with time.........will definitely remain a regular for me

Glad you liked the recipe. I am not sure why you think this beer would need to have a secondary for future brews. I usually let this go for 3-4 weeks in my primary for as much yeast to drop out as possible so I can wash the yeast to make a second batch of this beer. Do you think using a secondary would improve this beer?

Msa this was the first beer I didn't use a secondary..........I like to get the beer off the trub and give it more time to clarify........I think any beer gets better in a secondary but this beer is too good to wait

I plan on making this my first all grain recipe and brewing the first weekend I don't have to work which is unfortunately three weeks from now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

I plan to make a 10 gallon batch next brew time. We kicked the 5 gallon keg this past weekend with all of our friends wanting to fill their growlers for Super Bowl Sunday.

Latest posts

Back