Arcadia Whitsun Clone or similiar - extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just in Mich this past week and picked up Arcadia Ale sampler pack (IPA, Scottish and Nut Brown) after reading the description of the WhitSun I wish I picked that up instead....

Not much help here..... Is it similar to Oberon? There are quite a few recipes that are close to Oberon to get you started. Have you tried to contact the brewer? I've had good experiences contacting other breweries on recipe direction. With any luck they will give you percentages and mash schedule and with a little help here you can convert to extract. Most seem happy to help out homebrewers!

Good Luck and keep us posted,
Dan

I have not tried the Whitsun, I will, so many beers so little time and all that. When it comes to Arcadia, I absolutely love "Sky High Rye" - that is just a beautiful summertime beer. I'm off to look for a clone recipe.

After some research online I determined the style I should be shooting for is an English Blonde Ale slightly heavier on the wheat. I worked with the guy at my LHBS and came up with the following (wasn't sure on the best way to post it)

malt & fermentables
% LB OZ Malt or Fermentable ppg °L Late
38% 3 0 Wheat Liquid Extract 36 0 ~
38% 3 0 Pale Liquid Extract 36 0 ~
13% 1 0 Honey 35 1 Y
6% 0 8 Crystal 40L 34 40 ~
6% 0 8 Maris Otter Malt (Thomas Fawcett) 37 3 ~
Batch size: 5.0 gallons

Original Gravity
1.056 / 13.8° Plato
(1.050 to 1.058)
Final Gravity