You did what with those kegs?!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhorgan1

Reaction score
So I'm walking around this arts and crafts kinda festival that Hoboken decides to throw every now and then. The girl is really interested in the crafts, I'm pretty bored. Out of the corner of my eye I see some corny kegs at one of the booths. I'm immediately interested thinking "hey homebrewing is an art and craft" and I figure I'm about to meet a homebrewer and geek out for a while. I walk on over to the booth and I find the kegs have been filled with cement and are being used as weights to prevent the canopy from flying away. It nearly broke my heart :(

I'm going to assume they had holes in them. It's the only way to move on. :(

they may have been chemical spray kegs...in that case, they are pretty worthless for homebrewing anyway. unless you are trying to a make a carcinogen double IPA...in that case, you're good to go. you say what a waste...I say, whatever works.

True, there are many reasons why the kegs might have been already ruined. They didnt look like they had holes but I wasnt really inspecting them too much once I saw the cement. They were red handled pin lock kegs, I have no clue if they were the type to hold chemicals. regardless it is still sad to see kegs wasted :(

Yeah, they were REALLY BAD KEGS!! Insecticide containers with holes. What they used to put DDT into. But that stuff corroded the crap outta them. Full of pinholes. Totally useless.

I'm trying to make us all feel better.

Back