Kegging/regulator questions..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ODI3

Reaction score
I am a "soon to be" brewmaster and setting up a kegging system before make my first batch. I have couple questions:

When dealing with regulators, are some brands/sizes better for this application? How much should i pay for a reg, also are there any features i should be focusing on?

I am hoping to set up 3 Kegs, 1 Soda Water, 2 beer. (maybe i would need 2 different pressures? not sure)

Would this regulator meet my needs? and is it reasonable price? What would i use the solenoid for?

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...gulator-for-Gas-Cylinders-W0QQAdIdZ294042569#

Also, i was given a Wilkerson R00-02-000, with 2 gauges attached regulator, and currently own a female palmers stabilizer from my paintball days. would one of these be better?

the solenoid serves no purpose. HOnestly that looks like it was used for a saltwater/reef aquarium's calcium reactor, or a freshwater planted tank. You run the solenoid valve on a pH meter or timer so it doesn't 'overdo' the CO2 in the water.

I can't see close enough but your low pressure gauge will need to be accurate between 5psi and 30psi. you can change out the gauge if its not the right range, but for the cost of doing that I'd rather buy a new regulator.

Back