Refridgerator Kegerator Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moltar49

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been browsing these DIY forums for too long and decided to take some action worthy enough to post on here. Was struggling between a fridge style vs a keezer kegerator, but as luck would have it, the grandparents got a new fridge, so we got their old fridge, and our old fridge went into the garage. Perfect for a kegerator.

So far, here is the progress. Had to wash everything out and install the taps. Heck, I even got my OCD wife to help out with cleaning out this thing. Also had to do a little bit of alteration. The only dairy going in this fridge now will be the lactose in some of my stouts and brown ales.

I will update the progess once some is made.

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

Not that it looks bad, but those taps being off center would drive me ****ing nuts.

Oh no, I have a plan. There is going to be a bottle opener and cap catcher on the other side. I saw a keezer on here that had a set up like that and I loved the look of it. Plus I can always add another tap pretty easy if I need to

IMG_0885.jpg

Oh no, I have a plan. There is going to be a bottle opener and cap catcher on the other side. I saw a keezer on here that had a set up like that and I loved the look of it. Plus I can always add another tap pretty easy if I need to

Acceptable ;). Or just add more Faucets...

I only have two now since that's how many kegs I have and I'm only brewing once a month, but there's always room for more. Plus I may need a nitogen tap too

I forgot to mention, the real reason we were washing the fridge was because we are going to paint it using chalkboard paint. We had to tape off the interior so there wouldn't be any drips or over spray on the interior. Of course, every project needs a supervisor.

484713_10102638221340133_983839522_n.jpg

Your last post made me wee in my pants a bit! Love your work mate!

I have a full fridge (no freezer), added a custom shelf on the bottom using the existing grooves in the interior to support it and in so doing created a normal looking fridge with the mojo to hold 5 kegs and now I want for nothing. The one piece of advice I give (even to random strangers on the street) is to figure out what you want up front and get the gear to do it the first time. I started with 3 taps before I figured out I could hold 5 kegs, then had to buy two more taps and then thought, I'd love a nitro tap for stouts and then I thought, why limit myself to one nitro beer? Why not run 5 taps and choose whether I want CO2 or nitro (did I mention that you need special taps to run nitro? *sigh* - back to the shop!).
I've had to do some additional purchases to make the upgrades and now the fridge has cost me more than a 6-pack of Calvin Klein underwear (so I hear). At the moment, I've got a heap of excess hardware and a tap(s) without a home(s) makes me really sad.

I keep going back and forth on whether I should get a nitrogen tap, and although they look cool, I just not too fond of nitrogen based beers. I would much rather have a Samuel Smith oatmeal stout than a Guinness. But hey, to each his own

Back