Seriously stop using acronyms,

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

somedudefromguam

Reaction score
because its really annoying having to google it and still not be able to figure out what the heck you are talking about. How lazy do you have to be to cut 12 letters off of a sentence? Its confusing, it does not clarify or help relay information well, which is what this website is about. Most of the time I just skip over whatever you have to say because half of the sentences contain GLFTOs (good luck finding that one), and don't make sense whatsoever! Come on! Just push the few extra buttons, its not that hard. I mean really, if you are that lazy, I hate to think of what kind of corners you cut when it comes to brewing beer. Unless its something obvious like ATM or NASA or PTSD, I really have no idea what you are talking about...
I know this topic does not have anything to do with beer in general, but I wanted to get the most bang for my buck and I put it in one of the most used categories.
Sorry to sound like an old bltch, but man I hate acronyms!

OP (whoops, already did it), I have to say... aside from the SWMBO (which I find silly... I always use the term "my wife") and RDWHAHB, this forum is usually pretty clean of acronyms and text speak (hey wut u brwin tday).

Am I missing something here?

JeepDiver said:
You really should keep your sexual adventures out of General Beer Discussion, what you want to do with your your Mouth is your business, but should probalby be left in the debate section

Oh man that's funny. I couldn't believe he wrote that until it donned on me, "Automatic Teller Machine." I probably listen to too much Stern.

because its really annoying having to google it and still not be able to figure out what the heck you are talking about. How lazy do you have to be to cut 12 letters off of a sentence? Its confusing, it does not clarify or help relay information well, which is what this website is about. Most of the time I just skip over whatever you have to say because half of the sentences contain GLFTOs (good luck finding that one), and don't make sense whatsoever! Come on! Just push the few extra buttons, its not that hard. I mean really, if you are that lazy, I hate to think of what kind of corners you cut when it comes to brewing beer. Unless its something obvious like ATM or NASA or PTSD, I really have no idea what you are talking about...
I know this topic does not have anything to do with beer in general, but I wanted to get the most bang for my buck and I put it in one of the most used categories.
Sorry to sound like an old bltch, but man I hate acronyms!

It is perhaps my background in scientific writing that makes me totally agree. Let us not forget the people that use certain letters or the first and last letter, with symbols in between, it is still vulgar language.

OMG...TBH, IMHO, Acronym use in IRC AKA Message Boards is NBD. But if it's a BFD to you, you should RDWAHAHB. After all, WYSIWYG on IRC and posts like this are SNAFU and FUBAR, yet make me LMMFAO all the same.

Snuggle time w/ SWMBO might help out when acronym use gets OOH and causes you PITA.

NRN and JMHO--- FWIW

Guys. Stop. Seriously. We need to do what OP says.

Drats, there I go with it.

OMG...TBH, IMHO, Acronym use in IRC AKA Message Boards is NBD. But if it's a BFD to you, you should RDWAHAHB. After all, WYSIWYG on IRC and posts like this are SNAFU and FUBAR, yet make me LMMFAO all the same.

Snuggle time w/ SWMBO might help out when acronym use gets OOH and causes you PITA.

NRN and JMHO--- FWIW

I am sure you think this is funny, but I got nothing at all out of what you just "wrote".

wambulance_logo.jpg

Two options. Deal with it, or GTFO.

Hey OP (see what I did there?), I scanned back through some of your previous posts and you used the following acronyms:
psi
IBU
CO2
BIAB
PPM
IPA

So either start saying "pounds per square inch," "International Bitterness Units," "carbon dioxide," "brew in a bag," "parts per million," and "India Pale Ale" or risk being labeled a hypocrite.

Note, I only looked at the first page of results on your posts, if I had time to go farther I think I probably could have found more.

Hey OP (see what I did there?), I scanned back through some of your previous posts and you used the following acronyms:
psi
IBU
CO2
BIAB
PPM
IPA

So either start saying "pounds per square inch," "International Bitterness Units," "carbon dioxide," "brew in a bag," "parts per million," and "India Pale Ale" or risk being labeled a hypocrite.

Note, I only looked at the first page of results on your posts, if I had time to go farther I think I probably could have found more.

oh-snap-90414794228.jpeg

hypocrite-1.jpg

LOLZ, I ROFLMAO now.

:)

psi
IBU
CO2
BIAB
PPM
IPA

Found some more for you:

PDF
Carb
FG
OG
Sacc

He's got some 'splainin to do.

Im guessing the OP hasnt spent a lot of time on message boards.
This is the most civil, helpful, and knowledgeable internet community Ive ever seen.
Even if I agreed with the OP, which I dont, I wouldnt be so rude as to tell folks who are trying to help me how to do so.
Its just disrespectful. If you dont care for the way someone chooses to communicate with you just skip over it.
If you dont care for the way an entire community chooses to communicate maybe you should just not be there.

Im guessing the OP hasnt spent a lot of time on message boards.
This is the most civil, helpful, and knowledgeable internet community Ive ever seen.
Even if I agreed with the OP, which I dont, I wouldnt be so rude as to tell folks who are trying to help me how to do so.
Its just disrespectful. If you dont care for the way someone chooses to communicate with you just skip over it.
If you dont care for the way an entire community chooses to communicate maybe you should just not be there.

That's why, when I see the girly man acronym "SWMBO", I usually skip the thread or post all together.

Back