Yankee Ingenuity XI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kappclark

Reaction score
I am not the official keeper of the YI numbers, but it's 2011, so I am calling it Yankee Ingenuity XI.

Sunday October 9th. 7 - 4 Relaxed get together for brewing during the height of Fall foliage, and to celebrate my 2 kids getting through law school and the bar exams..

This time, I will be sure the well pump works.

I will be mashing in around 7:30 AM for batch #1. Pony rides. Pot luck for brew and eats..

Come to La-La land in beautiful, remote Windham, VT

Looking forward to brewing with you.

I know 1 other brewer from Chester is coming (he came last year after getting all the gear)..

Thx for the yeast.

I will have a mild and a brown, plus 2 varieties of hard cider. I am making a souped up version of a beer I made earlier in the summer...

What is your hose situation like ? Is it too much to bring out an extra section for chilling ? (Ours is in pretty bad shape.. horses, you know ??)

Heading up there in a few minutes. No brewing for me today, though - I've got too much stuff going on at the house, so I'll just hang out for a while.

I stopped at the office to grab my directions, but will go back home and grab some for you. I know I have some Williamette, maybe some Cascade; supplies are running low.

It's official ! YI #11 in Windham is a wrap !

Thanks to Gary, Dean and Jay for coming to a very relaxing brew session.

Gary gets the prize for best Hard Cider.
Bill Gets the prize for best Mild.
Dean gets the prize for best Mead and the most Hops, and the most beer.
Jay gets the prize for extraordinary detail in his feedback about a 1 Year old commercial Black IPA which wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

This should be bi-annual...looking forward to early Dec at Gary's in Chester

You know, I gave Paulie a heads-up but I never thought to mention it to you and John (and I never posted anything on Facebook since I use that so rarely now). My bad.

You know, I gave Paulie a heads-up but I never thought to mention it to you and John (and I never posted anything on Facebook since I use that so rarely now). My bad.

Lately the best way to get anything to me is email or text. I'm rarely on this (or any other) site these days.:(

Thanks for hosting Bill! Aside from my trainwreck of a start Sunday morning everything turned out great. I can't take credit for that mead. It was something I got in a trade a few years ago...now if I could only figure out who sent it to me.

Back