Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any idea how to watch games from across the country. I am a huge Brewers Fan now living in Houston and even have FSN north. I get all the Brewer's Pregame stuff but once the games starts: Blacked out! This makes me cry into my beer, any thoughts?

If you have directv you could get the baseball package. I don't believe blackouts apply to that.

Damn rangers cant get a win at Target Field.

What do you guys think about the whole realignment issue

Redsox win 9 in a row. Sweep 3 teams, the Athletics, Yankees and the Bluejays..They are kickin ass.....Scored 36 runs in three games against the bluejays...Man, there rollin..

Don't need "realignment", just put the Brewers back in the AL. However, I'm certain they'll complicate the crap out of it and screw it all up,

any Philly fans here? with their starting rotation They have a good shot at winning it all.

Doesn't a rivalry require there be some competition between the two teams? The Astros?

The Astros should become the Rangers AAA team.

Doesn't a rivalry require there be some competition between the two teams? The Astros?

The Astros should become the Rangers AAA team.

Lol :ban:

Yea I am sure they will, money talks. Red Sox are looking good just need the rotation to hold up(which I doubt) lol. Phillies are the opposite needs to bats to stay hot dont know if u can beat playoff teams 2-1

MirImage said:
Anyone have any idea how to watch games from across the country. I am a huge Brewers Fan now living in Houston and even have FSN north. I get all the Brewer's Pregame stuff but once the games starts: Blacked out! This makes me cry into my beer, any thoughts?

I have MLB tv on the Internet to watch all the Cardinal games since I live in PA. There is an app that I use on my iPhone and iPad so I can watch it on there. I think it was $99 for the season.

Maybe I will splurge on MLB tv next year... depends on what they get for Fielder :X

The only thing they are going to get for Fielder is a draft choice, cause if they are in contention the whole year there is no way they will trade him away. So they will lose him to free agency after the year.

Well, at least they're tied for first. I can't believe they lost to the cubs...

Yeah.... Well, Gallardo starts tonight, so hopefully they can get back on track. I'm excited for the rest of this season.

The only thing they are going to get for Fielder is a draft choice, cause if they are in contention the whole year there is no way they will trade him away. So they will lose him to free agency after the year.

Maybe he'll stay as it doesn't look like it will be a good year for 1B free agents. Maybe he'll goto the Cards though....

Maybe he'll stay as it doesn't look like it will be a good year for 1B free agents. Maybe he'll goto the Cards though....

Keep dreaming. He is long gone. the players' union will never in a million years let him stay for what the Brewers could afford.

After Cliff Lee, everyone was saying that the Union lost it's strength when it comes to that. In the least, he can use the Lee debacle as his counter if they try to muscle him.

Well, it is the all-star break, and the Crew is tied for first But if they don't get their **** together in the second half, they are not going anywhere and if they do sneak in the back door, big deal. They are gonna lose in the first round anyway. :(

If the Cardinals had a closer they'd have the best record in baseball. Yet another walk off loss last night.

I could say the same thing about the Reds. Francisco Cordero gave the brewers 2 wins in 3 games due to blown saves. Most runs scored in the NL, but their pitching is atrocious.

Just found this thread, great!! Phillies are doin' their thang. Also heard Brew Crew members talkin bout they are worried about Giants pitching staff the most....please! You gotta go through Philly to get the World series...know that!

Just found this thread, great!! Phillies are doin' their thang. Also heard Brew Crew members talkin bout they are worried about Giants pitching staff the most....please! You gotta go through Philly to get the World series...know that!

Another cocky Phillies fan. Most of you people were not around in 2007.

With that being said. Enjoy your recent success in baseball because with Reid at the helm the Eagles will never win anything.

The last time any of my favorite teams (not counting college) won anything was 21 years ago (1990 the Reds swept the A's). I guess my IBU's are high because of that.

Another cocky Phillies fan. Most of you people were not around in 2007.

With that being said. Enjoy your recent success in baseball because with Reid at the helm the Eagles will never win anything. The last time any of my favorite teams (not counting college) won anything was 21 years ago (1990 the Reds swept the A's).

Check the profile guy..I've been around long enough to endure losing seasons for all of our 4 major teams...If you are Cardinals fan, you can have Kevin Kolb...as long as you give us some good draft picks in return. :mug:

Check the profile guy..I've been around long enough to endure losing seasons for all of our 4 major teams...If you are Cardinals fan, you can have Kevin Kolb...as long as you give us some good draft picks in return. :mug:

Eff the Cards. I was here for the 2008 NFC Championship and their "fans" are d-bags. I almost got into two fights before the end of the first quarter because of idiots. The first of which because some d-bag poured beer on my wife. All because we were wearing green.

F Kolb, I agree the Cards can have him.

Back to baseball: Hopefully Dusty Baker can get his team to get their act together and they can go further than the first round of the playoffs this year. Sadly, I don't see that happening.

Eff the Cards. I was here for the 2008 NFC Championship and their "fans" are d-bags. I almost got into two fights before the end of the first quarter because of idiots. The first of which because some d-bag poured beer on my wife. All because we were wearing green.

F Kolb, I agree the Cards can have him.

Back to baseball: Hopefully Dusty Baker can get his team to get their act together and they can go further than the first round of the playoffs this year. Sadly, I don't see that happening.

You never know, Bruce, Votto, and Phillips are really good players...(Bruce kills the Phillies, that guy can hit!). We will trade Utley for Phillips, what do you say!?:mug:

You never know, Bruce, Votto, and Phillips are really good players...(Bruce kills the Phillies, that guy can hit!). We will trade Phillips for Utley, what do you say!?:mug:

I hope Phillips retires as a member of the Reds. That guy is all class, hates the Cards (in fact he took the wind out of their sails last night) and is my favorite player. It helps that I played second base when I was still playing baseball.

Latest posts

Back