Mini fridge temp controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
I want to hard wire a controller into my mini-fridge kegerator, I am not so keen on the wiring of controllers, so I need some help.

I am looking to wire either a love or auber controller to regulate temps in my kegerator. I am leaning towards the love controller because it is smaller and all I need tocontrol is the temp for a kegerator.

I am working with the Frgidaire model #445GM I want o wire this into the fridge, and place the display in the door, I do not want to wire this into the power supply/plug and plug it ito the wall.

Can ayone provide any help?

I took a look on the Frigidaire website for the schematic for your fridge, but it looks like the model number you gave may be incorrect.

Essentially, what you want to do is to follow the wires of the temperature sensor back into the guts of the fridge. Somewhere, they will encounter the thermostat. You want to unplug the thermostat and have your temperature controller directly control power to your compressor. If you're lucky, there is already a relay in place to do this and you won't have to touch 120V.

By the way, if size is your main concern, Auber does make a 1/32 DIN unit that's pretty small. It might suit your needs.

I took a look on the Frigidaire website for the schematic for your fridge, but it looks like the model number you gave may be incorrect.

Essentially, what you want to do is to follow the wires of the temperature sensor back into the guts of the fridge. Somewhere, they will encounter the thermostat. You want to unplug the thermostat and have your temperature controller directly control power to your compressor. If you're lucky, there is already a relay in place to do this and you won't have to touch 120V.

By the way, if size is your main concern, Auber does make a 1/32 DIN unit that's pretty small. It might suit your needs.

I do like the Auber PID's, but the Love's are a little more cosmetic, for this purpose,IMHO.

BTW, the full Model#FRC445GM.

If anyone else would like to chime in, I'd appreciate it!

I did a small cube fridge conversion with a Love controller, very easy to do.
As you can see from the second picture I added a lot of parts for my conversion, not required for your setup.
Send me a PM.

Controls_1.jpg

100_0419.jpg

Love controller cover
Temp_Controller-Cover.jpg

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Back