Eyeglasses........ugh.............

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheeto

Born again N00b
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
well I am now just over 31 years old.

At 30 it was like someone fliped a switch, and I had a hard time seeing street signs.

well I struggled through it for a year and it was not untill I needed to renew my drivers licence that I did any thing about it.

I went to "America's Best" for their $69.99 special.......
after everything was done and said the total was about $140!

I was not pleased I argued and complained about the classic
"Bait and Switch" that they attemped to do..

After I was done I left with simple plastic lenses that had no coatings on them what so ever, they were scratched before they even reached my front door.

I started to search for placec that offer QUALITY eyeglasses at a decent price

I googled a few places

and I ran across

http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php

I am very pleased with this company

I ordered a pair of titanium framed eyeglasses with every coating other than auto shading,
and a pair of matching clip on sun shades for less than $30 shipped to my door

the product is great
the prices are just amazing

sorry for the rant but I hate to see people get screwed over by companies that all they want is to turn a profit
on something that is needed for everyday life

You're happy with them? I thought you were posting a joke. I just paid about $800 for my glasses and I had to have them redone 5 times. I'm still not overjoyed but I got sick of running back and forth to see what they screwed up this time.

So did you just send in your prescription and they made them? Have you compared them to regular high-priced glasses?

I love them they are really light weight and fet very well

I was not posting this as a joke

sorry if you were misled

but I do really enjoy these

I hope that the website posted helps others

I was not posting this as a joke

sorry if you were misled

but I do really enjoy these

I hope that the website posted helps others

Not at all. I'm a serious bargain hunter too. I never buy brand name drugs when there's a generic equivalent available. I wonder how prevalent buying glasses over the Internet is? I won't be going back to my provider so what I thought was a joke may turn out to be a real money saver. Thanks for posting.

I've heard from some folks who have placed orders with Hong Kong based mail order eyeglass places, and most of them seem satisfied with the quality of the product for the price.

About five years ago, I bought a pair of Swissflex rimless glasses with polycarbonate lenses and the top-of-the-line lens coating from a local place. They're the same as the ones Jamie wears on Mythbusters - different color and shape, but the same material. They may have cost a pretty penny, but they're the best glasses I've ever owned. I've sat on them, the dog's chewed on them, and I've even dropped them on concrete once or twice - there's still not a scratch on them, and they're exactly the same as they were the day I picked them up.

That memory/flexy titanium is frickin' sweet....crumple them up into a ball and they still go back to normal :D

The online places that sell dirt cheap eyeglasses are a real deal. I've never ordered a pair since I wear contacts 99% of the time. The other 1% I just swap the lenses in a pair of frames I've had for 5 years. SWMBO is thinking about picking up a cheap pair after her next appointment for her 1% of wearing glasses.

http://www.43folders.com/2007/11/29/adventures-40-eyeglasses

I have actually used that site as well (for some prescription sunglasses), and was pleased with the results.

Maybe I'll check it out. I really need some new sun glasses for driving. I wouldn't try them for my regular glasses, as I wear variable focal-length, but for driving I only need the distance correction.

I feel your pain, dude. I've worn glasses/contacts since I was 12, and now at 32 I'm on the verge of needing bifocals. I can hardly read with my regular prescription.

I go to America's Best because the contacts are cheap. I got an el cheapo pair of glasses there, but I only wear them a couple of days a week, so it's good enough for me. I agree that they're a little on the shady side.

I just paid about $800 for my glasses and I had to have them redone 5 times. I'm still not overjoyed but I got sick of running back and forth to see what they screwed up this time.

I feel your pain brotha' - I am in a similar boat. $600+ for decent quality with my prescription.

I think I will check this internet eyeglasses thing out. My frames just broke Friday morning and I spent hours trying to find frames to fit the lenses and still need those remade as well. If I could cut the cost in half and not end up with garbage I would be a very happy man.:rockin:

Wow that's an awesome site, I may end up ordering some prescription sunglasses, for the rare times I don't wear my contacts. Will definitely get a pair for my wife from here when she needs some new ones next year.

Back